Rampage Blanked by Griffins in 6-0 Loss
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.- The Grand Rapids Griffins (34-14-1-2) shutout the San Antonio Rampage (21-27-4-1) 6-0 on Saturday night at Van Andel Arena.
Grand Rapids opened the scoring late in the first when Matt Lorito tallied his first-of-two goals, capitalizing on a rebound at the front door of Rampage goaltender Spencer Martin's net 15:51 into the frame.
The Griffins added a second goal when Tyler Bertuzzi beat Martin to collect his eighth goal of the season 2:19 into the second period. Ben Street earned his second point of the weekend against his former team, netting a pass from rookie defenseman Matt Caito and Conner Allen at the 15:36 mark. Lorito landed his second goal of the evening late in the frame, sliding a puck under the pads of Martin at 17:53.
An early third-period power-play goal from Eric Tangradi extended the Griffins lead to five at 2:21 of the third stanza. However, Caito closed the scoring, collecting the first goal of his AHL career and second point of the night with the man advantage 16:12 in the final period.
Forwards: Defensemen: Goaltenders:
Greer - Bourke - Nunn Bigras - Gelinas Martin
Whitney - Compher - Sislo Boikov - Lindholm Simpson
Bourque - Girard - Grimaldi Siemens - Geertsen
Henley - Nantel - Petryk
The San Antonio Rampage continue the Rodeo Road Trip with a game against the Manitoba Moose on Friday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. CT at MTS Iceplex. Rampage games can be heard on Ticket 760 and SARampage.com. Individual and season tickets are available and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at SARampage.com. The 2016-17 season is presented by Wells Fargo.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2017
- Stars Win Streak Ends in 4-1 Loss To Wolves - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Offensive Stampede Tramples Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Fall, 2-1, at Springfield - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blunden Scores Late as B-Sens Down Amerks 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Phantoms Turn Tables On Pack, 6-4 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Balanced Offense Charges Phantoms Past Hartford 6-4 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Nedeljkovic Blanks Rockford to Pick up First Career Shutout - Charlotte Checkers
- Rampage Blanked by Griffins in 6-0 Loss - San Antonio Rampage
- Providence Falls to Hershey, Split Two-Game Series - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Downed by IceCaps, 6-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. John's Sails Past Syracuse 6-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Manitoba Blanked by Toronto - Manitoba Moose
- Bridgeport Outlasts Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Edge Devils For Sixth Straight Win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- New Jersey Acquires Defenseman Viktor Loov - Albany Devils
- AHL Suspends Matt Mangene Six Games - Texas Stars
- Hogs Cap Homestand vs. Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Moose Re-Assign Jake Baker - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Inks NHL Veteran Ryan Carter to a PTO - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Recall Baptiste - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Clash with Barracuda Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Gulls Win Fourth Consecutive Game with 3-2 Win over Condors - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Brazed by Stars in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.