Rampage Blanked by Griffins in 6-0 Loss
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.- The Grand Rapids Griffins (34-14-1-2) shutout the San Antonio Rampage (21-27-4-1) 6-0 on Saturday night at Van Andel Arena.
Grand Rapids opened the scoring late in the first when Matt Lorito tallied his first-of-two goals, capitalizing on a rebound at the front door of Rampage goaltender Spencer Martin's net 15:51 into the frame.
The Griffins added a second goal when Tyler Bertuzzi beat Martin to collect his eighth goal of the season 2:19 into the second period. Ben Street earned his second point of the weekend against his former team, netting a pass from rookie defenseman Matt Caito and Conner Allen at the 15:36 mark. Lorito landed his second goal of the evening late in the frame, sliding a puck under the pads of Martin at 17:53.
An early third-period power-play goal from Eric Tangradi extended the Griffins lead to five at 2:21 of the third stanza. However, Caito closed the scoring, collecting the first goal of his AHL career and second point of the night with the man advantage 16:12 in the final period.
Forwards: Defensemen: Goaltenders:
Greer - Bourke - Nunn Bigras - Gelinas Martin
Whitney - Compher - Sislo Boikov - Lindholm Simpson
Bourque - Girard - Grimaldi Siemens - Geertsen
Henley - Nantel - Petryk
The San Antonio Rampage continue the Rodeo Road Trip with a game against the Manitoba Moose on Friday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. CT at MTS Iceplex. Rampage games can be heard on Ticket 760 and SARampage.com. Individual and season tickets are available and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at SARampage.com. The 2016-17 season is presented by Wells Fargo.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2017
- Stars Win Streak Ends in 4-1 Loss To Wolves - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Offensive Stampede Tramples Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Fall, 2-1, at Springfield - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blunden Scores Late as B-Sens Down Amerks 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Phantoms Turn Tables On Pack, 6-4 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Balanced Offense Charges Phantoms Past Hartford 6-4 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Nedeljkovic Blanks Rockford to Pick up First Career Shutout - Charlotte Checkers
- Rampage Blanked by Griffins in 6-0 Loss - San Antonio Rampage
- Providence Falls to Hershey, Split Two-Game Series - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Downed by IceCaps, 6-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. John's Sails Past Syracuse 6-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Manitoba Blanked by Toronto - Manitoba Moose
- Bridgeport Outlasts Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Edge Devils For Sixth Straight Win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- New Jersey Acquires Defenseman Viktor Loov - Albany Devils
- AHL Suspends Matt Mangene Six Games - Texas Stars
- Hogs Cap Homestand vs. Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Moose Re-Assign Jake Baker - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Inks NHL Veteran Ryan Carter to a PTO - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Recall Baptiste - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Clash with Barracuda Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Gulls Win Fourth Consecutive Game with 3-2 Win over Condors - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Brazed by Stars in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids