Bridgeport Outlasts Albany
ALBANY, NY - The Albany Devils fell to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2, Saturday at Times Union Center. The Devils are now 1-2-0-1 in their season with Bridgeport with two games still to be played. Bridgeport won their sixth straight game and improves to 32-16-1-1. Albany's record moves to 30-22-1-1.
Sound Tigers defenseman Jon Landry opened up the game's scoring on a slap-shot from inside the right circle at 8:35 of the first period.
Carter Camper tied the game at one apiece on a power-play goal with 3:47 remaining in the period. He took a slap-shot that found its way through goaltender Eamon McAdam and across the goal line. Nick Lappin earned an assist on the play, pushing his point streak to ten games. John Quenneville picked up his 26th helper of the season with the secondary assist.
Josh Ho-Sang answered at the start of the second period with a goal at 2:31 and was quickly followed by Carter Verhaeghe at 4:36 to give the Sound Tigers a 3-1 advantage.
Lappin put one in at 1:13 of the third period with help from Camper and Jacob MacDonald to make it 3-2. It was his seventh goal of the season and 15th point in his last 13 games.
Ken Appleby made 25 saves for the Devils and McAdam registered 31 saves for the Sound Tigers.
The Devils play the Utica Comets Monday at Times Union Center for a Presidents' Day matinee game at 1 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2017
- Stars Win Streak Ends in 4-1 Loss To Wolves - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Offensive Stampede Tramples Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Fall, 2-1, at Springfield - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blunden Scores Late as B-Sens Down Amerks 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Phantoms Turn Tables On Pack, 6-4 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Balanced Offense Charges Phantoms Past Hartford 6-4 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Nedeljkovic Blanks Rockford to Pick up First Career Shutout - Charlotte Checkers
- Rampage Blanked by Griffins in 6-0 Loss - San Antonio Rampage
- Providence Falls to Hershey, Split Two-Game Series - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Downed by IceCaps, 6-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. John's Sails Past Syracuse 6-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Manitoba Blanked by Toronto - Manitoba Moose
- Bridgeport Outlasts Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Edge Devils For Sixth Straight Win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- New Jersey Acquires Defenseman Viktor Loov - Albany Devils
- AHL Suspends Matt Mangene Six Games - Texas Stars
- Hogs Cap Homestand vs. Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Moose Re-Assign Jake Baker - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Inks NHL Veteran Ryan Carter to a PTO - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Recall Baptiste - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Clash with Barracuda Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Gulls Win Fourth Consecutive Game with 3-2 Win over Condors - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Brazed by Stars in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.