Railroaders Drop Series to Texas
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - K.C. Huth tied the game with two-run homer in the 4th inning, but Cleburne fell 5-3 to the Texas AirHogs in the series finale at AirHogs Stadium on Wednesday night.
Huth's homer was his third of the year and tied the game at two before Hunter Clanin drove in the go-ahead run with a two-out single.
The AirHogs put runners on second and third with two outs for Stewart Ijames in the bottom-half of the frame, and Ijames reached on a slow roller to first that ultimately scored a pair of runs and gave the AirHogs a lead for good.
Jesse Baker then hit a solo homer off of Shawn Blackwell - the only homer he's allowed in 56.1 innings - to extend the lead to 5-3 in the 8th inning.
The AirHogs opened the scoring on a wild pitch in the first inning, and Correlle Prime doubled the lead with a two-out RBI single in the 3rd.
Will Mathis - who made a spot start after Daniel Williams was scratched from the start just minutes before first pitch - tossed seven innings and gave up four runs on seven hits with five walks and five strikeouts. Shawn Blackwell pitched the 8th and gave up a run.
Hunter Clanin went 3-for-5 with an RBI - the second consecutive night he's reached three times out of the leadoff spot - and Angelo Gumbs went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
Trevor Sealey went 0-for-4 and snapped a six-game hitting streak, while Patrick Palmeiro's season-best eight-game streak also came to an end on Wednesday night.
Cleburne returns to The Depot to open a three-game series against the Lincoln Saltdogs on Thursday night. All ticket and promo information is available at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2018
- Dogs Strike out 14 in 4-0 Shutout of Gary - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Offense Cleans up with Sweep of Canaries, Win 13-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs Offense Falters in Rubber Match Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Sweeps Goldeyes Behind Gillies, Homers - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Split Doubleheader with Saltdogs; Win Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders Drop Series to Texas - Cleburne Railroaders
- Three Homers Not Enough in Wichita - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Fan 14 Times in 4-0 Loss to Chicago - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Grayson Suffers Season-Ending Eye Injury - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Canaries Add Right-Hander Ogren - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Glenn's Big Hit Gives Saltdogs 3-1 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Return Home for Nine Games - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Release OF Keury De La Cruz - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- 12 Runs in the Ninth Gives RedHawks a Devastating Loss - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Close Game Turns Blowout as X's Win - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.