12 Runs in the Ninth Gives RedHawks a Devastating Loss
FARGO, N.D. - A 12-run ninth inning for the Sioux City Explorers erased a previously close game wide open as the RedHawks fell 19-5 at the hands of the team with the league's best record tonight at Newman Outdoor Field.
The RedHawks (47-39) had narrowed Sioux City's (64-23) lead to 7-5 with a run in the bottom of the eighth and looked to make a comeback bid after falling behind by six runs earlier in the game, but the Explorers hopped all over RedHawks relievers Travis Ballew and Francisco Gracesqui for 11 runs on six hits to take the air out of Newman Outdoor Field.
Will Solomon earned his seventh loss of the season after giving up six runs on nine hits over five innings after being named American Association Pitcher of the Week last week. Solomon drops to 9-7 on the year with a 4.37 ERA.
Maikol Gonzalez finished as the only RedHawks batter with multiple hits in tonight's game. The second baseman had an RBI double in the sixth inning.
Fargo-Moorhead will try to bounce back and win the three-game series with Sioux City tomorrow night at Newman Outdoor Field. First pitch is scheduled for 7:02 PM.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2018
- Dogs Strike out 14 in 4-0 Shutout of Gary - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Offense Cleans up with Sweep of Canaries, Win 13-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs Offense Falters in Rubber Match Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Sweeps Goldeyes Behind Gillies, Homers - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Split Doubleheader with Saltdogs; Win Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders Drop Series to Texas - Cleburne Railroaders
- Three Homers Not Enough in Wichita - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Fan 14 Times in 4-0 Loss to Chicago - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Grayson Suffers Season-Ending Eye Injury - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Canaries Add Right-Hander Ogren - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Glenn's Big Hit Gives Saltdogs 3-1 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Return Home for Nine Games - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Release OF Keury De La Cruz - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- 12 Runs in the Ninth Gives RedHawks a Devastating Loss - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Close Game Turns Blowout as X's Win - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks Players and Staff Test Negative for COVID-19
- Bennett Released as RedHawks Manager
- American Association Announces Plans for 2020 Season
- F-M RedHawks Announce 'One Community One Team' Celebration and Drive-In Fireworks Show for May 29
- American Association Postpones Start of 2020 Season