RedHawks Release OF Keury De La Cruz
FARGO, N.D. - The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks have released veteran outfielder Keury De La Cruz, citing conduct detrimental to the team, following a bench-clearing incident in the fifth inning during the game against the Sioux City Explorers on Tuesday at Newman Outdoor Field.
"Keury's conduct last night is not condoned by RedHawks and isn't what our team is about or how we represent the community" said manager Michael Schlact. "He's a veteran ballplayer who has contributed to our offense, but I had to do what's in the best interest of the entire organization". Schlact added "I thank Keury for his time with the RedHawks and wish him the best moving forward".
De La Cruz was batting .275 with 15 home runs, 58 RBIs and 92 hits in 84 games this year. In three seasons with the RedHawks, he had a career average of .286 with 42 home runs, 165 RBIs and 285 hits. A native of La Romana, Dominican Republic, De La Cruz was signed by the Boston Red Sox in 2009 and played as high as AA (double A) in 2015 with the Portland Sea Dogs.
The RedHawks are 47-39 this year and are three games out of first place in the North Division with fourteen games left in the 2018 regular season.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2018
- Dogs Strike out 14 in 4-0 Shutout of Gary - Chicago Dogs
- Saints Offense Cleans up with Sweep of Canaries, Win 13-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs Offense Falters in Rubber Match Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Sweeps Goldeyes Behind Gillies, Homers - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Split Doubleheader with Saltdogs; Win Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders Drop Series to Texas - Cleburne Railroaders
- Three Homers Not Enough in Wichita - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Fan 14 Times in 4-0 Loss to Chicago - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Grayson Suffers Season-Ending Eye Injury - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Canaries Add Right-Hander Ogren - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Glenn's Big Hit Gives Saltdogs 3-1 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Return Home for Nine Games - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Release OF Keury De La Cruz - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- 12 Runs in the Ninth Gives RedHawks a Devastating Loss - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Close Game Turns Blowout as X's Win - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- First Road Loss for 'Hawks as Winnipeg Wins Its Home Opener in Fargo
- Trey Hair Walks It off as RedHawks Earn First Win of Season
- Goldeyes Batter RedHawks with 19 Hits in Game Two Win
- Lambson and Martin Lead Goldeyes to Opening Day Win over RedHawks
- RedHawks Players and Staff Test Negative for COVID-19