Preview: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. Indy Eleven
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds (13-4-11) wraps up a three-game homestand with its penultimate home game of the regular season on Saturday night, hosting Indy Eleven (12-8-9) at Highmark Stadium.
This weekend's tilt will mark the third time these two sides have met in 2018 with the previous two meetings both resulting in draws. The Hounds have never drawn three times with the same opponent in a season during the modern era of USL play (since 2011).
More importantly, both Pittsburgh and Indy are part of a crowded Eastern Conference table with multiple teams jockeying for a top-four spot and the right to host a home playoff game. For the Hounds, they fell to third place after Louisville won earlier this week against Penn FC and now trail the defending champs by a point in the standings with a game in hand. Indy, meanwhile, is four points out of the top-four.
Working in Pittsburgh's favor is its recent hot play at home, as the club is currently running a six-game unbeaten streak (3-0-3). The attack, in particular, has been heating up, racking up 44 shots and six goals in its past two games - the latter number being the most amount of goals scored by the Hounds in a two-game stretch this season.
Off the pitch, the Black and Gold will be throwing back to the 1990's for 90's Night. Fans will have the chance to win a special Hounds prize pack by wearing their best 90's get-up. In addition, the first 500 fans through the gates receive snap bracelets and there will be 90's hits playing all night long.
Tickets to Saturday's match are still available and can be found by visiting Riverhounds.com. The game can also be streamed live via ESPN+ with a paid subscription.
Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. Indy Eleven
7 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 22
Twitter: @RiverhoundsSC - #PGHvIND | #UNLEASH
Stats: USL Match Center
Indy Eleven overall record: 12-8-9
Indy Eleven road record: 5-4-5
Pittsburgh overall record: 13-4-11
Pittsburgh home record: 8-2-6
HOUNDS INJURY REPORT
Kevin Kerr - Out (Calf)
Kyle Morton - Out (Lower-body)
Aug. 29, 2018, at Lucas Oil Stadium
Pittsburgh 2, Indy Eleven 2
IND - Jack McInerney 4' (Matthew Watson)
PGH - Joe Greenspan 45'+2 (Christiano François)
PGH - Christiano François 59'
IND - Jack McInerney 90'+4 (Ben Speas)
May 11, 2018, at Highmark Stadium
Pittsburgh 0, Indy Eleven 0
Goals: Neco Brett (14)
Assists: Kenardo Forbes (8)
Points: Neco Brett (33)
Saves: Dan Lynd (36)
Save %: Dan Lynd (.735)
GAA: Dan Lynd (0.66)
Goals: Jack McInerney (9)
Assists: Ayoze Garcia (6)
Points: Jack McInerney (20)
Saves: Owain Fon Williams (70)
Save %: Owain Fon Williams (.673)
GAA: Owain Fon Williams (1.17)
LAST TIME OUT...
Pittsburgh 2, Louisville 2
LOU - Cameron Lancaster 31' (Paco Craig)
LOU - Alexis Souahy 70' (Paco Craig)
PGH - Gregory Ranjitsingh 86' (own goal)
PGH - Kenardo Forbes 90'+1 (penalty)
Dan Lynd - Ray Lee (Kay Banjo 80'), Tobi Adewole, Thomas Vancaeyezeele, Joe Greenspan (Joe Holland 80'), Jordan Dover - Ben Zemanski (Christiano François 61'), Mouhamed Dabo - Kenardo Forbes, Romeo Parkes - Neco Brett
Penn FC 1, Indy Eleven 0
PEN - Paolo Junior 57' (Harri Hawkins)
Owain Fon Williams - Reiner Ferreira, Bradford Rusin, Carlyle Mitchell, Karl Ouimette - Ayoze Garcia (Seth Moses 66'), Nico Matern (Nathan Lewis 86'), Matthew Watson - Eugene Starikov, Jack McInerney, Ben Speas (Dylan Mares 66')
Riverhounds SC will be hosting 90's Night at Highmark Stadium. Fans will have the chance to win a special Hounds prize pack by wearing their best 90's get-up. In addition, the first 500 fans through the gates receive snap bracelets and there will be 90's hits playing all night long.
Additionally, the team's $1 beer special will run from gates open at 5:30 p.m. until kickoff.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 20, 2018
- Match Preview: Atlanta United 2 vs North Carolina FC - Atlanta United 2
- STLFC Renews Partnership with Gateway to Hope - Saint Louis FC
- Indy Eleven Travels to Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Indy Eleven
- FCC's Adi Claims USL Goal of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Roughnecks to Host FIFA 2018 Tournament as Part of E-Sports Takeover - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FC Cincinnati to Honor Record-Setting Fans in Last-Ever USL Regular-Season Game - FC Cincinnati
- Preview: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. Indy Eleven - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Game Preview: FC Cincinnati at Penn FC - FC Cincinnati
- Roughnecks Face Swope Park Rangers Saturday at ONEOK Field - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- NCFC Readies for Atlanta Test in Playoff Race - North Carolina FC
- Switchbacks FC Host Fireworks After September 22nd Game - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Suffer 2-5 Defeat at Orange County SC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Republic FC earn three points on the road - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Joe Greenspan Named USL Championship Defender of the Year
- 4 Hounds Named USL Championship Award Finalists
- Forbes, Greenspan Named All-League First Team; Brett, Vancaeyezeele Named All-League Second Team
- Kim Robson Named General Manager of Highmark Stadium
- Hounds Fall in Conference Semifinals to Louisville, 2-1