FC Cincinnati to Honor Record-Setting Fans in Last-Ever USL Regular-Season Game
CINCINNATI - Next Saturday, Sept. 29, FC Cincinnati will thank the record-setting crowds that have cheered the team on to unprecedented heights during its three-year stay in the United Soccer League.
That day, as part of the club's Fan Appreciation Game, the Orange and Blue welcomes Indy Eleven to Nippert Stadium. In the club's final USL regular-season game in history, FC Cincinnati has a host of "thank you" activities planned for its fan base that has helped drive the club to Major League Soccer in 2019. | Tickets vs. Indy Eleven on Sept. 29
"Our fans have provided unwavering, passionate support the last three years," FC Cincinnati President and General Manager Jeff Berding said. "This is our final regular-season home game at Nippert Stadium as a USL club and we want to make sure we close this period of our history with a bang.
"Not only are we hoping to set the USL's single-game attendance record, but we want to reward our fans for all of their cheering, singing, standing, flag-waving and amazing atmosphere they create every single game. They've made the soccer world take notice of us and have really helped propel us to MLS," Berding said.
The special activities planned for the Sept. 29 Fan Appreciation Game include:
A free commemorative magnet for the first 25,000 fans who come through the Nippert Stadium gates
A special $3 price for a 12 oz. domestic draft beer
Discounted prices on pretzels and popcorn at all concession stands
Lucky seat giveaways throughout the game, including gift cards in varying amounts from club partners Buffalo Wings & Rings, Dunkin Donuts, First Watch, Mike's Car Wash and Taste of Belgium
A lucky fan attending the game will win a four-day, three-night trip with air travel for two, hotel accommodations, gift bag and a spending money to St. Pete-Clearwater, Florida, courtesy of Visit St. Pete
A limited-edition 2018 Fan Appreciation scarf, available for $25 either online or in-store prior to Sept. 29 or at the game
Additionally, 25 lucky fans attending the game will win an authentic FC Cincinnati "Black Out" jersey. After the game, the winners will be taken to the field and matched up to one of the players, receive the jersey from him, have it signed and also take a picture with the player, which they will later receive.
Further, a full-stadium photo will be taken and later made available for sale through the FC Cincinnati Shop as a memento from the final USL regular-season game at Nippert Stadium.
FC Cincinnati is looking to set a new USL single-game attendance record on Sept. 29, as well. The current record - held by FCC - is 30,417, which Cincinnati welcomed to Nippert Stadium on Sept. 16, 2017 in the regular-season finale against New York Red Bulls II.
Before closing its regular-season home schedule on Sept. 29, first-place FC Cincinnati (20-3-6, 66 pts.) will play a pair of road games. On Sept. 22, FCC will travel to face Penn FC (9-11-9, 36 pts.) for a 7 p.m. game at FNB Field in Harrisburg, Pa. Remaining on the road into next week, Cincinnati will then travel to face the Richmond Kickers (6-19-4, 22 pts.) at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 26, at Richmond's City Stadium.
FC Cincinnati comes into Saturday's game holding a 15-point lead in the Eastern Conference over second-place Louisville City FC (51 pts.) with five games to play. FCC is also six points ahead of Western Conference leader Orange County SC (60 pts.).
The Sept. 29 game against Indy Eleven will be the team's last home game at Nippert Stadium during the regular season before it opens the 2018 USL Cup Playoffs at home on Oct. 20 against an opponent to be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 20, 2018
- Match Preview: Atlanta United 2 vs North Carolina FC - Atlanta United 2
- STLFC Renews Partnership with Gateway to Hope - Saint Louis FC
- Indy Eleven Travels to Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Indy Eleven
- FCC's Adi Claims USL Goal of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Roughnecks to Host FIFA 2018 Tournament as Part of E-Sports Takeover - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FC Cincinnati to Honor Record-Setting Fans in Last-Ever USL Regular-Season Game - FC Cincinnati
- Preview: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. Indy Eleven - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Game Preview: FC Cincinnati at Penn FC - FC Cincinnati
- Roughnecks Face Swope Park Rangers Saturday at ONEOK Field - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- NCFC Readies for Atlanta Test in Playoff Race - North Carolina FC
- Switchbacks FC Host Fireworks After September 22nd Game - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Suffer 2-5 Defeat at Orange County SC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Republic FC earn three points on the road - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.