STLFC Renews Partnership with Gateway to Hope
St. Louis, MO - Saint Louis FC has renewed the club's partnership with Gateway to Hope, a local nonprofit organization, for the home game on Wednesday, October 10th against Tulsa Roughnecks FC to raise funds for breast cancer patients in need.
During the match, Saint Louis FC will wear pink jerseys which will then be auctioned online with proceeds benefiting Gateway to Hope. Likewise, revenue from pink merchandise sold in the Soccer Park Fan Shop throughout the month of October will be donated to the organization. Saint Louis FC will also recognize a breast cancer survivor at halftime of the October 10th game against Tulsa Roughnecks FC.
Gateway to Hope is a breast cancer lifeline. The organization provides financial assistance and emotional support to women diagnosed with breast cancer by helping remove barriers that keep them from getting the lifesaving treatment they need.
"We have found that for many women, it's not just the diagnosis of breast cancer that puts fear into their heart; it's the other challenges," said Tracy Gellman, Development Manager at Gateway to Hope. "Will I be able to work? If I lose my job or if I am put on leave, will I still have health insurance to cover my treatment? How sick am I going to be? Will I be able to keep up with financial obligations? Our program staff answers these and hundreds of other questions when newly diagnosed breast cancer patients call our lifeline."
More information about the online auction for the pink jerseys will be released in the coming days.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 20, 2018
- Match Preview: Atlanta United 2 vs North Carolina FC - Atlanta United 2
- STLFC Renews Partnership with Gateway to Hope - Saint Louis FC
- Indy Eleven Travels to Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Indy Eleven
- FCC's Adi Claims USL Goal of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Roughnecks to Host FIFA 2018 Tournament as Part of E-Sports Takeover - FC Tulsa
- FC Cincinnati to Honor Record-Setting Fans in Last-Ever USL Regular-Season Game - FC Cincinnati
- Preview: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. Indy Eleven - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Game Preview: FC Cincinnati at Penn FC - FC Cincinnati
- Roughnecks Face Swope Park Rangers Saturday at ONEOK Field - FC Tulsa
- NCFC Readies for Atlanta Test in Playoff Race - North Carolina FC
- Switchbacks FC Host Fireworks After September 22nd Game - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Suffer 2-5 Defeat at Orange County SC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Republic FC earn three points on the road - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.