Pivotal Two Games Against Texas This Week
(Odessa, TX) - The Jackalopes are one point back of the Texas Brahmas at the start of the week for the top playoff seed in the CHL's Southern Conference with two games against Texas this week.
Last week's record: 0-1-1
This week's games: Wednesday @ New Mexico, Friday @ Texas, Saturday @ Texas
Friday @ Mississippi, 4-1 Loss
The Mississippi Riverkings scored three power play goals in the first meeting this season against the Jackalopes. Sebastien Thinel added a power play goal of his own for Odessa's only score of the game. The Jackalopes were forced to kill off three two-man advantages for the Riverkings in the 4-1 loss.
Saturday @ Wichita, 6-5 Overtime Loss
In the third period, Collin Circelli tied the game at 4-4 and Ryan Palmer made it 5-5 as the Jackalopes forced overtime in Wichita. However, Jason Tessier's wrist shot from the point snuck past Alexandre Vincent to give the Thunder a 6-5 overtime win. The Jacks picked up a point in the standings and are one point back of Texas for the top playoff seed in the Southern Conference.
Wednesday @ New Mexico, 8:15 PM
It's the Jackalopes' final game in Rio Rancho, NM against the Scorpions. Odessa is 4-1-0 this season against the Scorpions, outscoring New Mexico 25-12. Sebastien Thinel leads all skaters with 12 points (three goals, nine assists) in the season series. Christopher Robertson leads the Scorpions with eight points (four goals, four assists) against Odessa this year.
Friday and Saturday @ Texas, 7:05 PM
It's a weekend set between the top two teams in the CHL's Southern Conference. Texas (31-11-4) is currently the number one team with 66 points this season while the Jacks sit at 65. Odessa has split two games in Ft. Worth against the Brahmas this season, losing 7-3 on October 25th and winning 5-2 on November 8th.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in its 12th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2009
- Shots from the Point for Monday, February 9th - CHL
- Weitzel Heads to Tulsa in Three-Team Trade - Amarillo Gorillas
- CHL Trade Deadline Sees Little Movement - CHL
- Gascon Arrives From Tulsa At Trade Deadline - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers Make Pair Of Deals - Tulsa Oilers
- IceRays Make Last Minute Moves - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Lupul Wins CHL Player of the Week Award - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Winners Announced - CHL
- Bucks Complete Four Player Trade With Rush - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs vs. IceRays: Round Four Tomorrow - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oilers Honor Military Members - Tulsa Oilers
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- IceRays to Hold Press Conference Tuesday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Double Thunder This Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Pivotal Two Games Against Texas This Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Bounces Back From Tough Losses - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Host Bees In McDonalds Kid's Day Game - Laredo Bucks
- Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.