Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Winners Announced
February 9, 2009 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
The Central Hockey League announced today that the recipients for the Oakley CHL Player and Goaltender of the Week for the period ending Feb 2nd, 2009 are defenseman Dale Lupul of the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs and Christian Boucher of the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees.
Lupul helped propel the Mudbugs to three wins last week scoring three goals with three assists with a +4 plus/minus rating. The Port Coquitlam, British Columbia native started the week with a pair of assists in the Bugs 5-0 win versus Oklahoma City on Tuesday. He followed that up with two goals (including the game winner) in a 3-2 win, once again against the Blazers, on Friday night and then capped the week off with a goal and an assist in Bossier-Shreveport's 4-1 win versus Texas on Saturday. The 6-2, 210-pounder becomes the third defenseman to win the weekly award joining Amarillo's Neil Smith and Texas' Justin Kinnunen. On the season, Lupul has nine goals and 28 assists leading all Mudbugs defensemen in scoring.
Boucher went 3-0 last week winning a pair of 3-2 decisions versus the Corpus Christi IceRays and a 7-2 decision versus the Tulsa Oilers. The Orleans, Ontario native stopped 30+ shots in each of his three victories. The busiest night was his 32-save performance on Saturday night in the one-goal win over the IceRays. He also stopped 15 of 17 power plays of the Rays. On the season, the 5-11, 180-pound goaltender is 11-11-2 with two shutouts and a.922 save percentage.
In recognition of their achievement, both Lupul and Boucher will receive a special gift from Oakley.
Oakley CHL Player of the Week
Dale Lupul, Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
Games Played: 3
Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
Christian Boucher, Rio Grande Valley
Games Played: 3
Save %: 0.940
Saves: 94 of 100
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2009
- Shots from the Point for Monday, February 9th - CHL
- Weitzel Heads to Tulsa in Three-Team Trade - Amarillo Gorillas
- CHL Trade Deadline Sees Little Movement - CHL
- Gascon Arrives From Tulsa At Trade Deadline - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers Make Pair Of Deals - Tulsa Oilers
- IceRays Make Last Minute Moves - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Lupul Wins CHL Player of the Week Award - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Winners Announced - CHL
- Bucks Complete Four Player Trade With Rush - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs vs. IceRays: Round Four Tomorrow - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oilers Honor Military Members - Tulsa Oilers
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- IceRays to Hold Press Conference Tuesday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Double Thunder This Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Pivotal Two Games Against Texas This Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Bounces Back From Tough Losses - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Host Bees In McDonalds Kid's Day Game - Laredo Bucks
- Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.