Bucks Host Bees In McDonalds Kid's Day Game
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League will look for their second straight win Tuesday, when they host Rio Grande Valley in the McDonalds Kid's Day Game. Game time is 11am. Kid's tickets are $13, which includes a meal and a gift bag. Call 718-BUCK (2825) to order.
Tuesday February 10, 2009 (Game 46, Home Game 26)
Rio Grande Valley (23-19-4, 50pts ) at Laredo (26-15-4, 56pts), 11am, LEC
TICKETS: Kid's Tickets $13, Call 718-BUCK (2825) to order
Radio: Imagen 94.1-FM (Pre-game show 10:40am)
Internet Radio: www.laredobucks.com , or http://rmx.com.mx/_principal.asp?region=5
Internet TV: CHL Network (www.nifty-tv.com/chl)
All-Time Series (Regular Season): Bucks lead series 52-19-5
2008-09: Bucks lead series 7-4
Last Meeting: 1/29/09: LAR 1, @RGV 0
The Bucks enter Tuesday's game 10 points back of the Texas Brahmas in the Southeast Division. The Brahmas travel to Oklahoma City Tuesday morning.
The Bucks and Bees will meet for the 12th time this season, with the home team winning 10 of the first 11 games between the two squads. Laredo is the only road team to win in the series thus far, claiming a 1-0 shutout win at the Dodge Arena on January 29th.
Laredo will take to the ice Tuesday with five players out of the line-up, including Jeff Bes, Bobby Russell, Steve Weidlich, Jaye Judd, and Rick Kozak.
Kozak is the latest Buck to be injured, as he left the game in the first period of Saturday night's 4-3 win over Tulsa.
Laredo has played 10 Kid's Day Games in their history, and have posted a 9-1 record in those contests. The Bucks are 8-1 at home in Kid's Day Games, including 2-0 against the Killer Bees.
After Tuesday's game the Bucks will embark on a season-high five game road trip that starts Friday night in New Mexico.
The Killer Bees enter Tuesday's game on a four-game winning streak, including two 3-2 wins over Corpus Christi.
Rio is just six points back of the Bucks for second place in the Division, and third in the conference.
Jesse Bennefield leads the Killer Bees in scoring with 52 points (26-26-52).
The Bucks will start a five-game road trip this weekend, when they play Friday and Saturday in New Mexico.
Laredo will return home for the final Big Buck Thirsty Thursday of the season on February 26th, when they host Arizona at the LEC.
*Bucks To Accept Vouchers At McDonalds Kid's Day Game*
The Bucks announced that they will now accept Season Ticket Holder's Vouchers for Tuesday's Kid's Day game at the LEC.
Season Ticket Holder's do not have tickets in their booklet for the game, but have vouchers to replace the tickets instead. Each voucher in the booklet can be used for two tickets to the game, which will start at 11am.
All Season ticket holders who wish to use the vouchers for the Kid's day game, will be sat together in the West End Risers. All other seats are being used by the school kids. Early projections indicate an estimated 4,000 - 5,000 kids will attend the game.
Season Ticket Holders can contact their rep with questions, or to exchange their vouchers. Call 718-BUCK (2825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2009
- Shots from the Point for Monday, February 9th - CHL
- Weitzel Heads to Tulsa in Three-Team Trade - Amarillo Gorillas
- CHL Trade Deadline Sees Little Movement - CHL
- Gascon Arrives From Tulsa At Trade Deadline - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers Make Pair Of Deals - Tulsa Oilers
- IceRays Make Last Minute Moves - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Lupul Wins CHL Player of the Week Award - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Winners Announced - CHL
- Bucks Complete Four Player Trade With Rush - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs vs. IceRays: Round Four Tomorrow - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oilers Honor Military Members - Tulsa Oilers
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- IceRays to Hold Press Conference Tuesday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Double Thunder This Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Pivotal Two Games Against Texas This Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Bounces Back From Tough Losses - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Host Bees In McDonalds Kid's Day Game - Laredo Bucks
- Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.