Lupul Wins CHL Player of the Week Award
BOSSIER CITY, LA - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs defenseman Dale Lupul has been named this week's Oakley/CHL Player of the Week, the Central Hockey League announced today. In three games last week, Lupul registered six points (three goals and three assists), a +4 rating and 14 shots on goal. In recognition of his achievements, Lupul will receive a special gift from Oakley.
Tuesday night against Oklahoma City, the fourth-year pro assisted on two goals and was +2 as the Mudbugs rolled to a 5-0 win. With the Blazers in town again on Friday night, Lupul scored a powerplay goal in the first period and then notched the overtime game-winner on a great shot as the Bugs came from behind to beat the Blazers again, this time by a final score of 3-2. On Saturday night against Texas, Lupul assisted on J.J. Martin's second-period goal and then made a pivotal play late in the third period, banking the puck off the boards and into the net from deep in his own zone for the shorthanded, empty-net goal that gave the Bugs a two-goal lead. Bossier-Shreveport would go on to win the game 4-1 over the Brahmas, with Lupul collecting two points and another +2 rating.
The 6' 2", 210-lb. blueliner has recorded nine points (3g, 6a) during a five-game point streak and has totaled 14 points over his last ten games. Lupul leads the Mudbugs with 28 assists this year and ranks fourth on the team in scoring with 37 points, a total which also ties him for fifth among CHL defensemen in scoring entering this week. The Port Coquitlam, British Columbia native also has a +3 rating and 83 penalty minutes in 42 games this season.
Lupul and his Mudbugs teammates will be back on the ice looking to extend their seven-game winning streak tomorrow night at 7:05 against the Corpus Christi IceRays. Individual tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster at 318-741-9700 and group ticket packages are available in the Mudbugs office at 318-752-BUGS.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2009
- Shots from the Point for Monday, February 9th - CHL
- Weitzel Heads to Tulsa in Three-Team Trade - Amarillo Gorillas
- CHL Trade Deadline Sees Little Movement - CHL
- Gascon Arrives From Tulsa At Trade Deadline - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers Make Pair Of Deals - Tulsa Oilers
- IceRays Make Last Minute Moves - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Lupul Wins CHL Player of the Week Award - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Winners Announced - CHL
- Bucks Complete Four Player Trade With Rush - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs vs. IceRays: Round Four Tomorrow - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oilers Honor Military Members - Tulsa Oilers
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- IceRays to Hold Press Conference Tuesday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Double Thunder This Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Pivotal Two Games Against Texas This Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Bounces Back From Tough Losses - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Host Bees In McDonalds Kid's Day Game - Laredo Bucks
- Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.