Pitchers Duel Ends in Tigers 2-0 Victory
NORWICH, CT - The Connecticut Tigers defeated the Tri-City ValleyCats by a final score of 2-0 on Tuesday night, a game that saw just six hits between the two clubs. The Tigers two runs came from a sacrifice fly in the second and RBI double in the sixth inning.
Kyle Serrano started the ballgame for the 'Cats, throwing one scoreless inning before giving way to Jairo Lopez. Lopez gave up one hit through four and two thirds innings, walking five Tigers, and was tagged with the loss.
Christian Mejias threw the final two and a third innings, allowing one hit while both walking and striking out two Tigers. The offense for the 'Cats came from Bryan Arias who collected two singles, and Luis Guerrero who had the other base knock.
Despite the loss in the series finale, the 'Cats took two out of three games from the Tigers and return to Troy to take on the Aberdeen IronBirds on Wednesday through Friday. The IronBirds roster features this year's number one overall pick in the MLB Draft, catcher Adley Rutschman.
Wednesday is Woodstock Rock Night at The Joe, presented by American National Insurance. In celebration of Woodstock's 50th anniversary, the first 1,500 fans through the gates will receive a bobblehead of Rock 'N Roll Hall of Famer and Woodstock performer Jimi Hendrix. Thursday is Italian Night presented by Dig Safely New York, with postgame fireworks, and Friday is MiLB CommUNITY Night.
Full promotional details and tickets can be found at tcvalleycats.com.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Staten Island Falls to Brooklyn in Opening Game of Series - Staten Island Yankees
- A 'Boot'iful Win - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Spikes' Swift Start Sends Them to 8-6 Win over Crosscutters - State College Spikes
- 'Birds Complete Sweep in Burlington - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cutters Comeback Falls Short at State College - Williamsport Crosscutters
- SI Lands a Walkoff Late, 7-5 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Pitchers Duel Ends in Tigers 2-0 Victory - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Late Rally Falls Short for Spinners in 6-5, 10-Inning Loss - Lowell Spinners
- Black Bears Bounce Back against Auburn - West Virginia Black Bears
- Aberdeen Sweeps Series With 7-2 Win At Vermont - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Tigers Pitching Powers Past Tri-City - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Doubledays Drop Game 2 against Black Bears - Auburn Doubledays
- IronBirds Post First Ever No Hitter - Aberdeen IronBirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.