Perbix Named USHL Player of the Week
Ralston, NE -- Omaha Lancers defenseman, Nick Perbix has been named to the USHL's Player of the Week. Perbix shares Player of the Week honors with Forward, Johnny McDermott (Tri-City Storm) and Goaltender, Filip Larsson (Tri-City Storm).
"It's an honor to be named the defensive player of the Week," Perbix said, "The whole team played a role in this honor. It's such a great league and it took a little time to get comfortable with the pace but I'm feeling great now."
Perbix, a native of Elk River, MN, has played in all 17 games for the Lancers and has recorded 9 points (9 assists) so far. In the past four games, Perbix has raked in 5 assists, including 2 assists in the most recent 5-3 victory for the Lancers over the Des Moines Buccaneers.
"We've had some changes with the team but we're really coming together as a whole," the defenseman said. "The goaltending and defense have been strong and we're putting the puck in the net."
Perbix is the first defenseman for the Lancers to receive the Player of the Week honor from the USHL this season. Nick is also committed to play college hockey at St. Cloud State University and was drafted 6th round, 169th overall by the Tampa Bay Lighting in the 2017 NHL Draft. Perbix was also named to the U.S. Junior Select Team for World Junior A Challenge to play in Nova Scotia later this month.
The Lancers face the Tri-City Storm this Friday, who have two players that were named to the USHL's Players of the Week, McDermott and Larsson, and currently sit in second place in the Western Conference with 28 points.
"Tri-City is a tough team," Perbix said, "But I know if the team plays like we have been lately we will take care of business and come out with a big 2 points."
The Lancers are now 7-2-1-0 in their last 10 games and currently sit with an overall record of 9-7-1-0 and a .559 win percent.
Lancers: Travel to Kearney to face the Tri-City Storm Friday, December 8th (7:35 p.m. CT; News Talk 1290AM, Hockey TV) "
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2017
- RELEASE -- Stars Host Back the Badge Night this Thursday - Lincoln Stars
- Skate with the Steel following Saturday's game vs. Madison - Chicago Steel
- Perbix Named USHL Player of the Week - Omaha Lancers
- USHL Names Two Storm Players to Players of the Week List - Tri-City Storm
- Dugan's Overtime Winner Lifts Steel over Waterloo - Chicago Steel
- LANCERS WIN FOURTH IN A ROW - Omaha Lancers
- KRAWS MASTERFUL AS FIGHTING SAINTS BLANKED AT HOME - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stars earn sixth win in eight games - Lincoln Stars
- Saints Stay Perfect on Military Appreciation Night. - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Hawks Score Second Weekend Win - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.