KRAWS MASTERFUL AS FIGHTING SAINTS BLANKED AT HOME
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Dubuque Fighting Saints limited the opposition to 20 shots on goal, but the Sioux City Musketeers came away with the win. A late goal from Parker Ford got the Musketeers on the board with minutes remaining in the third period as they defeated the Saints 2-0 on Saturday at the Mystique Community Ice Center.
Ben Kraws was the story of the game, and the backstop of the Musketeers' shutout effort. Save after save, 27 of them, for his first USHL shutout. In his third start, the All-American Prospect was flashy at times to keep the Saints off the scoreboard, robbing Scott Corbett, Alex Steeves, among others, on great opportunities.
Ford found himself in the perfect spot at the side of the net late in the third, as Cole Weaver kept all of the opportunities to the outside. Ford kept banging away at the loose puck and finally hit paydirt. It was his first goal of the season, and the first in his USHL career.
Micah Miller salted it away with an empty net goal with 21 seconds left in the third period.
The Fighting Saints put on the pressure early, outshooting the Musketeers 11-5 in the first period, and 10-7 in the third period, but to no avail. The game was largely played at five-on-five, with just three penalties called for the entire game.
The Musketeers snapped a four-game losing streak with the victory tonight, and the Saints' three-game winning streak ended as well.
The Fighting Saints are back in action at home next Friday, December 8 at the Mystique Community Ice Center against the Madison Capitols. It's a Hy-Vee Fuel Saver Friday! Be here for all of the action and save money by buying your tickets early at DubuqueFightingSaints.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2017
- RELEASE -- Stars Host Back the Badge Night this Thursday - Lincoln Stars
- Skate with the Steel following Saturday's game vs. Madison - Chicago Steel
- Perbix Named USHL Player of the Week - Omaha Lancers
- USHL Names Two Storm Players to Players of the Week List - Tri-City Storm
- Dugan's Overtime Winner Lifts Steel over Waterloo - Chicago Steel
- LANCERS WIN FOURTH IN A ROW - Omaha Lancers
- KRAWS MASTERFUL AS FIGHTING SAINTS BLANKED AT HOME - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stars earn sixth win in eight games - Lincoln Stars
- Saints Stay Perfect on Military Appreciation Night. - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Hawks Score Second Weekend Win - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.