Panthers Reassign F Owen Tippett to Thunderbirds
SUNRISE, Fla. - The Florida Panthers announced today that that have reassigned forward Owen Tippett to the Springfield Thunderbirds.
A first round pick (10th overall) by the Panthers in the June 2017 NHL Draft, the 19-year-old Tippett just completed his third junior season with the OHL's Mississauga Steelheads. For a second straight season, Tippett scored 75 points (36g, 39a) along with 30 penalty minutes. He added five points (3g, 2a) in Mississauga's first round playoff series, where they were eliminated by the Barrie Colts.
Tippett skated in seven games for the Panthers at the start of the 2017-18 season, scoring his first NHL goal on Oct. 26 against Anaheim.
Tippett joins the Thunderbirds in Belleville, where Springfield takes on the Senators tonight for a 7:00 p.m. ET puck drop, before traveling to Laval for a 7:30 p.m. ET matchup on Friday with the Rocket.
Springfield Thunderbirds fans are encouraged to visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com to learn more about 2018-19 Thunderbirds Season Ticket Memberships. Packages include a wide range of benefits, including the lowest prices for the 2019 AHL All Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield. For more information or to order now, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
Images from this story
Forward Owen Tippett with the Florida Panthers
(Eliot J. Schechter/NHLI via Getty Images)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2018
- Monsters Tamed by Admirals, 6-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Lehigh Valley Falls in Team's 300th Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Edged by Thunderbirds - Belleville Senators
- Roy Nets Four Points as Checkers Flatten Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Sateri Shines in 2-1 T-Birds Win in Belleville - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iacopelli Reassigned to Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Spectra to Introduce Four New Concession Concepts to Sens Fans at Yardmen Arena - Belleville Senators
- Strome Named to 2017-18 AHL All-Rookie Team - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tom Kostopoulos to Retire Following 2017-18 Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Weekly: Bears Visit Charlotte for Final Road Trip - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Release Craig Wyszomirski from PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Appleton and Niku Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Manitoba Moose
- San Antonio Rampage Goaltender Ville Husso Named to 2017-18 AHL All-Rookie Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Filip Hronek Named to 2017-18 AHL All-Rookie Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2017-18 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Announced - AHL
- Daniel Sprong Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Danforth Named to ECHL All-Rookie Squad - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Sign Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit to Amateur Tryout Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Schedule Change - San Jose Barracuda
- Coyotes Recall Mermis from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Prepare for Pair of Games at Tucson - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Terminate Emergency Recall for Defenseman Oliver Kylington - Stockton Heat
- Downtown Career Fair Returns to the Blue Cross Arena on Friday, April 6 - Rochester Americans
- Comets Sign Defenseman Nolan Valleau, Release Forward Zac Lynch - Utica Comets
- Panthers Reassign F Owen Tippett to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Red Wings Assign Three to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Sign Sturtz to ATO - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Thunderbirds, April 4 - Belleville Senators
- Taylor Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Milwaukee Sinks Wolves; Magic Numbers Now 2 - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Dea's Two Goals Not Enough for T-Birds in His Return to Wilkes-Barre
- Rocket Erase Deficit to Steal Victory from T-Birds on Sold out Pucks N' Paws Night
- Greco's 2nd Hat Trick of Year Powers T-Birds Past Devils
- T-Birds' Tenth 3-In-3 Weekend Begins Friday vs. Devils
- Thunderbirds Sign F Adam Rockwood to ATO