Overtime Thriller Slips Away from Wolves
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (17-27) were unable to pull off a victory for the home crowd Sunday afternoon at Wells Fargo Arena, falling 129-125 to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (30-14) in overtime.
Leading by five points with 1:13 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Wolves allowed the Vipers to push the game to another frame thanks to a timely three-point basket made by Dakarai Tucker to tie the game with 11.0 seconds left.
C.J. Williams had a chance to win the game in regulation at the buzzer, but his three-point attempt just missed the mark.
The two-way guard finished with 21 points, four rebounds and five three-point field goals.
Xavier Silas totaled his highest output on the offensive end since returning from injury on Feb. 1, contributing 22 points off the bench for the Wolves. The Northern Illinois alum finished 5-of-8 from deep.
With the loss, Iowa moves to 0-3 on the season against Rio Grande Valley.
Darius Johnson-Odom and Jared Terrell each tallied 17 points in the loss.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin produced 21 points and a team-high 10 assists.
Defensively, Iowa allowed Rio Grande Valley to shoot 48.5% from the floor for the game. Two-way guard Danuel House Jr. poured in a game-high 28 points for the Vipers.
Iowa hits the road for a two-game swing beginning Thursday night against the Maine Red Claws at 6:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Dominate Memphis Hustle, Win Sixth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Drive Surge Late to Beat Red Claws - Grand Rapids Drive
- Vipers Tame the Wolves in Their Own Den to Secure Playoff Berth, Southwest Division Title - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Red Claws Can't Hold Lead over Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Overtime Thriller Slips Away from Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Defeats Top Team in NBA G League, Beat Santa Cruz 120-105 - Windy City Bulls
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 120-105 to the Windy City Bulls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Lose Sunday Matchup in Stockton - Memphis Hustle
- Magic Take Down BayHawks - Lakeland Magic
- NAZ Suns out of Sorts in Oklahoma City - Northern Arizona Suns
- Lakeland Magic Acquire Jarquez Smith - Lakeland Magic
- Jordan Sibert Rejoins Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Vamos Los Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.