Stockton Kings Dominate Memphis Hustle, Win Sixth Straight Game
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Kings (27-15), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, beat the Memphis Hustle (22-20), the NBA G League affiliate of the Memphis Grizzles, 126-115 for Stockton's sixth-straight win. Stockton center Daniel Ochefu and assignment forward Caleb Swanigan dominated inside to help Stockton take home a victory on Sunday afternoon. Stockton outrebounded the Hustle 51-34.
In the first quarter, Memphis guard Dusty Hannahs scored 14 of his 30 points. In the first half, three Memphis players were in double-figures. Stockton saw a 12-point lead with two minutes remaining in the second quarter and ended the half ahead 64-55.
Memphis guard Tariq Phillip scored 10 points in the third quarter to help the Hustle take the lead at the seven-minute mark 76-75. Stockton then went on an 18-2 run to take back the lead. Memphis would not come closer than nine points for the remainder of the game.
Stockton led by as many as 16 points with three minutes remaining in regulation.
Memphis had three players with 20+ points. Hannahs posted a game-high 30 points. Phillip was right behind him scoring 26 points and contributing 11 assists and five rebounds.
Stockton saw six players in double figures. Ochefu led Stockton in scoring with 29 points and nine rebounds. Swanigan grabbed a game-high 16 rebounds with 18 points off the bench. Guard Cody Demps recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 assists.
Stockton will head on the road for five games beginning on Wednesday, March 6 when they play the Oklahoma City Blue at 9 a.m. PT. This game can be viewed via ESPN+. Stockton will then face the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 8. This game can be viewed via Facebook Live.
Stockton will not return home until Sunday March 17 when they will host the Greensboro Swarm with a 1 p.m. tip-off. This game can be viewed via Facebook live.
Tickets for this game can be purchased at StocktonKings.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Dominate Memphis Hustle, Win Sixth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Drive Surge Late to Beat Red Claws - Grand Rapids Drive
- Vipers Tame the Wolves in Their Own Den to Secure Playoff Berth, Southwest Division Title - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Red Claws Can't Hold Lead over Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Overtime Thriller Slips Away from Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Defeats Top Team in NBA G League, Beat Santa Cruz 120-105 - Windy City Bulls
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 120-105 to the Windy City Bulls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Lose Sunday Matchup in Stockton - Memphis Hustle
- Magic Take Down BayHawks - Lakeland Magic
- NAZ Suns out of Sorts in Oklahoma City - Northern Arizona Suns
- Lakeland Magic Acquire Jarquez Smith - Lakeland Magic
- Jordan Sibert Rejoins Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Vamos Los Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Cody Demps and Matt Jones Join the 2019 G-League Elite Camp
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Katie Luhring
- Kings Recall Cody Demps and Caleb Swanigan from the Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Fall to Memphis Hustle in Thriller to End Inaugural Season
- Stockton Kings Announce Kings Closet Supply Drive to Celebrate Playoff Game