Hustle Lose Sunday Matchup in Stockton
Stockton, Calif. - The Memphis Hustle (22-20) lost its second straight game Sunday afternoon, dropping a 126-115 result to the Stockton Kings (27-15) Stockton Arena. The Kings swept the season series 3-0 and extended their winning streak to six games.
Memphis took a 34-30 lead after the opening frame with the help of 14 points from Dusty Hannahs and a 12-of-20 (.600) effort from the field as a team. However, things moved into Stockton's favor in the second. Memphis cooled off on the offensive end (7-22 FG) and the Kings outscored the Hustle 34-21, leading by as many as 12, in the second period. The Kings started the quarter on an 11-2 run and led 64-55 at halftime.
The Hustle were able to regain the lead at 76-75 with 7:00 remaining in the third quarter, but Stockton responded with an 18-2 run over the next 4:17 to take a 15-point lead. Memphis would pull within no less than nine points through the remainder of the game. Stockton dominated the glass, outrebounding Memphis 51-34 and 19-6 on the offensive end, while also assisting on 30 of its 44 made field goals. Additionally, the Kings bench outscored the Hustle bench 61-10.
Dusty Hannahs tied his season-high of 30 points on 11-of-19 shooting (3-5 3P). Tarik Phillip (26 points, 11 assists) was productive yet again, posting his fourth double-double in his last six games to go with five rebounds, two steals and two blocks. Julian Washburn had an efficient 22 points on 10-of-14 shooting to go with eight rebounds and three assists. Yuta Watanabe added 19 points.
Daniel Ochefu and Caleb Swanigan had huge nights down low for Stockton. Ochefu finished just a rebound shy of a double-double (29 points, nine rebounds) and shot 11-of-15. Swanigan had 18 points and 16 rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench. Cody Demps (11 points, 10 assists) recorded a double-double of his own while Marcus Williams had 10 assists as well.
Memphis continues its four-game trip out west against the Agua Caliente Clippers on Tuesday, March 5 against the Agua Caliente Clippers at 9 p.m. CT inside Citizens Business Bank Arena on ESPN+. The team returns to Landers Center on Friday, March 8 at 7 p.m. to take on the first place Santa Cruz Warriors on Facebook Live. Tickets are still available starting at $10 each and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Dominate Memphis Hustle, Win Sixth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Drive Surge Late to Beat Red Claws - Grand Rapids Drive
- Vipers Tame the Wolves in Their Own Den to Secure Playoff Berth, Southwest Division Title - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Red Claws Can't Hold Lead over Drive - Maine Celtics
- Overtime Thriller Slips Away from Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Defeats Top Team in NBA G League, Beat Santa Cruz 120-105 - Windy City Bulls
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 120-105 to the Windy City Bulls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Lose Sunday Matchup in Stockton - Memphis Hustle
- Magic Take Down BayHawks - Lakeland Magic
- NAZ Suns out of Sorts in Oklahoma City - Northern Arizona Suns
- Lakeland Magic Acquire Jarquez Smith - Lakeland Magic
- Jordan Sibert Rejoins Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Vamos Los Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.