Magic Take Down BayHawks
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeat to the Erie BayHawks 111-108 on Sunday afternoon at the RP Funding Center.
It was a back and forth contest in the first quarter with the Magic leading 34-31 going into the second. The Magic continued to strike early in the second and would extend the lead to 10 points with 9:33 remaining. Erie would tie the game on a three-pointer by Cat Barber with the score 54-54 but the Magic would take a 62-57 lead into the locker room at the half.
Lakeland started off the third quarter on a hot streak increasing the lead to 10 points (82-72) with 8:01 on the clock but Erie would get within two points for a score 84-82 at the end of the third. The final quarter of play was a back and forth battle with the Magic holding on to a six point lead with two minutes remaining. The Magic would come out on top with the final score 111-108.
The Magic had six players in double figures. Antonio Campbell led the way with 20 points and 8 rebounds. Troy Caupain had a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds. John Petrucelli had 17 points and 4 rebounds. Anthony Brown was just shy of the double-double with 9 points and 11 rebounds. Gabe York had 14 points and 4 rebounds. Braian Angola and Devin Davis came off the bench to score 15 points and 14 points respectively.
For the BayHawks, Cat Barber and Jordan Sibert both scored 21 points on the night. Jaylen Morris scored 20 points and 7 rebounds. Isaac Humphries had a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Jeremy Hollowell scored 16 points and 4 rebounds.
The Magic hit the road to face off against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on Friday, March 8 at 7:00PM at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Ft. Wayne, IN. The game can be viewed on Facebook Live.
Lakeland Magic single game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
Antonio Campbell 20 points
Troy Caupain 18 points, 12 rebounds
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Dominate Memphis Hustle, Win Sixth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Drive Surge Late to Beat Red Claws - Grand Rapids Drive
- Vipers Tame the Wolves in Their Own Den to Secure Playoff Berth, Southwest Division Title - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Red Claws Can't Hold Lead over Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Overtime Thriller Slips Away from Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Defeats Top Team in NBA G League, Beat Santa Cruz 120-105 - Windy City Bulls
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 120-105 to the Windy City Bulls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Lose Sunday Matchup in Stockton - Memphis Hustle
- Magic Take Down BayHawks - Lakeland Magic
- NAZ Suns out of Sorts in Oklahoma City - Northern Arizona Suns
- Lakeland Magic Acquire Jarquez Smith - Lakeland Magic
- Jordan Sibert Rejoins Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Vamos Los Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- DeVos Family Pledges up to $2 Million for Magic and Amway Center Hourly Workers
- Lakeland Magic Statement on NBA Suspending Operations
- Jefferson, Magette Lead Magic over BayHawks
- Magic Waive Michale Kyser
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game