Osprey Square off in Battle of Two 1st Place Raptors
MISSOULA, MONT - After taking 3 of 4 games against the Orem Owlz, the Missoula Osprey - now in the driver's seat of the Pioneer League North - head into the second half of this 8-game homestand with the - Pioneer League South leading - Ogden Raptors in their cross hairs.
With only 11 games left in the first-half of the 2019 season, Missoula faces a crucial test as they push for the first-half title, playoff bid, and home field advantage.
The Osprey, with no other PBL North team in front of them for the first time all season, have now taken 7 of their last 10 contests. Ogden has stamped their name as the powerhouse of the PBL South since June - currently with a 7-game lead in their division, the Raptors have plated 207 runs this season (2nd Grand Junction, with 154 runs). In this battle of bests, the Osprey enter with a league leading ERA of 4.17 - the Raptors enter Missoula with a league best team batting average of .302. Sunday, July 14 - Kid's Day & Senior Sunday! The Osprey celebrate our young fans with games and activities and every kid is invited to run the bases and play catch on the field after the game. You have to have your glove to play catch! Seniors 55 and over receive two for the price of one admission.
Join us on Monday the 15th for Military Monday and Family Night.
All military service members and their families can receive 2-for-1 tickets - or with the donation of a non-perishable food item, a family of four can receive four tickets, four hotdogs, four chips and four sodas - just $30!
On Tuesday we celebrate the YWCA as a part of the Stockman Bank Osprey Outreach program - come out and support a vital organization in our community. Additionally, it wouldn't be a Tuesday without Bike to the Ballpark, push those pedals to the stadium and receive a 2-for-1 ticket offer!
Wrapping up the homestand, Wednesday the 17th the Osprey & Stockman Bank will celebrate Conservation and the Environment. Welcoming groups from the Bitterroot Water Forum, Blackfoot Challenge, Clark Fork Watershed Education Program, Five Valleys Land Trust, Flathead Lakes Bio Station and Flathead Lakers. As with all Osprey Outreach nights this season, the mission program is to help local non-profits soar by donating 50% of participating groups ticket sales back to the organization! In addition, Osprey ownership will match an additional 50% of all proceeds in form of a cash donation to the participating groups. There is still time to support local consercation! Click the link below, pick your group, buy tickets, raise money!
Join us at Ogren Park Allegiance Field, listen at 102.9 ESPN Missoula, watch at missoulaosprey.com or SWX.
All Osprey game tickets can be purchased at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from July 14, 2019
- Arias Leads Owlz Past Chukars - Orem Owlz
- Bullpen Silences Rockies as Mustangs Win 6-4 - Billings Mustangs
- Owlz Rally Late to Down Chukars - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Osprey Square off in Battle of Two 1st Place Raptors - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Owlz Hang on in Missoula, 3-2 - Orem Owlz
- Rox Split Series in 7-3 Loss - Grand Junction Rockies
- Rocky Mountain Vibes Shutout Mustangs to Split Series on Lion King Night - Rocky Mountain Vibes
- Osprey 9th Inning Rally Falls Short; Stay Tied for 1st - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Voyagers Earn Series Split at Grand Junction - Great Falls Voyagers
- Rain Helps Raptors Finish Sweep of Chukars - Ogden Raptors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula PaddleHeads Stories
- PaddleHeads, All Nations Health Center to Host 2nd Annual Indigenous Celebration
- PaddleHeads Announce Last Best Brewfest, Fireworks
- On Deck for Centerfield Cinema: August Titles Announced
- A Dining Experience Like No Other: PaddleHeads Launch Dinner on the Diamond
- PaddleHeads Support Health Dept. Decision; Update Mask Policy