Orlando City SC Loans Forward Alexander Alvarado to Liga Deportiva Universitaria
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC forward Alexander Alvarado will join Liga Deportiva Universitaria, commonly referred to as LDU, of Ecuador's Liga Pro Banco Pichincha on a free loan for the 2022 season with an option to buy before Dec. 1, it was announced today.
"Alexander is someone who has put in a lot of effort since joining our Club and has always maintained a strong work ethic," said Orlando City EVP of Soccer Operations and General Manager Luiz Muzzi. "This loan presents him with a unique opportunity to gain valuable minutes while also returning home. We look forward to seeing his growth throughout his time in Ecuador."
The Quevedo, Ecuador native has made two starts through 12 appearances for the Lions since joining the Club on loan at the end of 2020, making his Club debut on Oct. 28, 2020, in a 4-1 win over Atlanta United.
Alvarado, 22, has made two appearances for the senior Ecuador national team, making his international debut and notching his first assist on Sept. 11, 2017. He has 17 appearances, four goals and two assists under his belt with Ecuador's U20 side, including three finishes at the U-20 South American Championship 2019 and one at the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2019 in Poland.
TRANSACTION: Orlando City SC loans forward Alexander Alvarado to Liga Deportiva Universitaria of Ecuador's Liga Pro Banco Pichincha on a free loan for the 2022 season with an option to buy.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 26, 2022
- Earthquakes Midfielder Cristian Espinoza Obtains Green Card - San Jose Earthquakes
- Atlanta United Adds Sixth Preseason Opponent - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC 2022 Single Game Tickets Available Now - Orlando City SC
- Timbers to Host Preseason Tournament February 13-19 Presented by Old Trapper Beef Jerky - Portland Timbers
- Austin FC U17 to Face FC Dallas U17 in Match Open to Public - Austin FC
- RSL Finalizes Opponents for 2022 Preseason Tournament in Portland - Real Salt Lake
- Charlotte FC Signs Striker Karol Ã Âwiderski as First Designated Player in Club History - Charlotte FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Trades International Spot to D.C. United for $250K in General Allocation Money - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew Acquires Midfielder James Igbekeme on Loan from Real Zaragoza - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United Acquire International Roster Slot from Nashville SC - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Sign Costa Rica National Team Defender Francisco Calvo - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Announce 2022 Training Camp Roster in Tucson, Arizona - Portland Timbers
- Charlotte FC and Honeywell Announce Multi-Year Partnership - Charlotte FC
- Individual Tickets for All Dynamo Home Matches on Sale Now - Houston Dynamo FC
- Austin FC Announces Squad Numbers for 2022 Season - Austin FC
- Minnesota United and Midfielder Thomas Chacon Agree to Part Ways - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Loans Forward Alexander Alvarado to Liga Deportiva Universitaria - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Acquires U.S. Men's National Team Winger Paul Arriola - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Acquire MLS Domestic Trade Fee Record of $2 Million Guaranteed in GAM for Winger Paul Arriola - D.C. United
- Andrés Reyes Undergoes Successful Surgery - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City Hosts Nashville SC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals
- Kickoff Time Announced for Orlando City Friendly against Arsenal FC
- Orlando City Falls 1-0 On the Road to FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Travels to Take on FC Cincinnati
- Ercan Kara Brace Lifts Lions in Return Home against Houston