Orlando City SC Acquires American Goalkeeper Brandon Austin
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC has acquired 22-year-old goalkeeper Brandon Austin on loan from English Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur. Austin joins the Lions, pending the receipt of his ITC, on a six-month loan with an option for an additional six months.
"The addition of Brandon to our roster is an exciting step in solidifying our 2021 roster and we're expecting that his background from Tottenham's academy and youth system will not only add a different perspective, but also create further competition amongst our strong goalkeeping core," Orlando City EVP of Soccer Ops Luiz Muzzi said. "Having shown himself to be a promising young goalkeeper and leader in England, we are excited to see how his development continues with us this season."
A member of the England Youth National Team pool, Austin comes to Orlando following a loan spell with Danish side Viborg FF, where he made 14 appearances in goal for VFF in the 2019-20 NordicBet Liga where he posted one clean sheet over 1,260 minutes. In previous seasons with the Tottenham Hotspur U23s, the 22-year-old goalkeeper has totaled seven shutouts in 44 appearances. The Hemel Hempstead native was also a mainstay on the club's U19 UEFA team, captaining the side in six of their eight games and leading the team to a last-16 appearance in the 2018/19 competition.
A product of the Tottenham Hotspur youth system, Austin has made 78 competitive appearances across all levels of the Hotspur organization. Having made one friendly appearance for the United States U18 team against Slovakia's U18s in 2017, the goalkeeper earned his first call-ups to the England U21 squad in October and November of 2019.
TRANSACTION: Orlando City acquires goalkeeper Brandon Austin from Tottenham Hotspur on a six-month loan with an option for an additional six months, pending receipt of his ITC.
Name: Brandon Austin
Born: January 7, 1999 in Hemel Hempstead, England
Hometown: Hemel Hemptstead, England
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2021
- Atlanta United and the Atlanta Falcons to Retire No. 44 for 2021 Season in Honor of Hank Aaron - Atlanta United FC
- A Versatile Team Player: What to Expect from Philip Mayaka in MLS - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Acquires Free Agent Forward and 2015 Amway Canadian Championship Winner Kekuta Manneh - Austin FC
- Co-Owners Jorge Mas and David Beckham Welcome Phil Neville and Chris Henderson - Inter Miami CF
- Phil Neville: "One Thing That Really Excites Me Is to Prove People WrongÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Marcus Ferkranus - LA Galaxy
- 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Set for April Kickoff - Columbus Crew SC
- 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Set for April Kickoff - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Begin 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Tournament Play in April - Portland Timbers
- LAFC and Defender Jesus David Murillo Agree to New Deal - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Loans Forward Jordan Morris to Swansea City - Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville SC Loans Defender Miguel Nazarit to Colombian Side Independiente Santa Fe - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires American Goalkeeper Brandon Austin - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Canada Soccer's Men's National Team to Commence FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Qualifiers in Orlando
- Orlando City SC Acquires Dutch Forward Silvester van der Water
- Exploria Stadium Establishing Itself as Top Soccer Destination
- Two Years with Captain Nani
- Orlando City SC Acquires 2021 International Roster Spot