LAFC and Defender Jesus David Murillo Agree to New Deal
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that the Club has acquired defender JesÃºs David Murillo on a permanent transfer from Colombian side Deportivo Independiente MedellÃn. Murillo initially joined LAFC on loan on Oct. 14, 2020, appearing in the Club's final nine matches of 2020.
"Re-signing JesÃºs was of utmost priority for us and we are excited to know he will be with us from the start of the season," said LAFC Co-President & General Manager John Thorrington. "It was evident from the moment JesÃºs joined us that he fit in very well with our group and our system. He is a strong and reliable defender with a commanding presence on both ends of the field."
Upon his arrival at LAFC, Murillo was immediately inserted into the backline and started nine games at center back, including all three contests at the 2020 Concacaf Champions League in late December. Murillo earned CCL Team of the Tournament honors for his performances in the knockout stage of the region's tournament. He tallied his lone assist of the year during LAFC's postseason-clinching win over the Houston Dynamo on Oct. 28.
Earlier in the year, Murillo played in 18 matches for Independiente Medellin, tallying a pair of goals in the group stage of the 2020 Copa Libertadores. In 2019, Murillo appeared in 38 of 40 league matches, notching two goals and two assists. He would also lead Independiente Medellin to its second Copa Ãguila title in team history, appearing in all eight cup contests.
Prior to joining Independiente MedellÃn in 2018, Murillo played in 97 matches for Patriotas BocayÃ¡ from 2014-17 and 21 games for Deportivo Pasto from 2013-14.
TRANSACTION: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) acquires defender JesÃºs David Murillo on a permanent transfer from Colombian side Deportivo Independiente MedellÃn.
Full Name: JesÃºs David Murillo Largacha
Weight: 190 lbs.
Birthplace: Cali, Colombia
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2021
- Atlanta United and the Atlanta Falcons to Retire No. 44 for 2021 Season in Honor of Hank Aaron - Atlanta United FC
- A Versatile Team Player: What to Expect from Philip Mayaka in MLS - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Acquires Free Agent Forward and 2015 Amway Canadian Championship Winner Kekuta Manneh - Austin FC
- Co-Owners Jorge Mas and David Beckham Welcome Phil Neville and Chris Henderson - Inter Miami CF
- Phil Neville: "One Thing That Really Excites Me Is to Prove People WrongÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Marcus Ferkranus - LA Galaxy
- 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Set for April Kickoff - Columbus Crew SC
- 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Set for April Kickoff - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Begin 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Tournament Play in April - Portland Timbers
- LAFC and Defender Jesus David Murillo Agree to New Deal - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Loans Forward Jordan Morris to Swansea City - Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville SC Loans Defender Miguel Nazarit to Colombian Side Independiente Santa Fe - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires American Goalkeeper Brandon Austin - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.