Orange County SC Adds Hugo Arellano on Loan from the LA Galaxy
Irvine. Calif. - Orange County SC announced today the addition of Hugo Arellano on loan from LA Galaxy for the USL Championship 2019 season, pending league and federation approval.
"Hugo is a player that I'm very familiar with from his time in the Galaxy academy," said OCSC Head Coach, Braeden Cloutier. "He has a lot of experience for such a young player and is a very good defender that can play both central or as a left back. I feel he is a great fit for how we like to play."
Arellano, 21 made his MLS debut for LA Galaxy against Houston Dynamo in 2017 and went on to make 3 more appearances that season. During his time with the Galaxy he has represented their USL Championship affiliate side LA Galaxy II, making 40 appearances for Los Dos.
"I'm very excited and eager to be joining the Orange County Soccer Club," said Arellano. "I believe it was in my best interest to join a club where the team has such a desire to win. The club had a very successful run last season and I plan on contributing right away, to get us even further than last year."
The SoCal native has also been ever present in the U.S. youth national teams from U-15s through to the U-20s. He played a key role in the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup, when he captained started in all three matches for the U.S. His most recent appearance for the national team was in 2016 when he started against Costa Rica for the U.S. U-20s.
"We are thrilled to add Hugo to our talented roster for the season," said Oliver Wyss OCSC General Manager. "I want to thank the LA Galaxy for providing us a versatile defender that will definitely show his class and have a big impact in Orange County!"
Arellano joins his former LA Galaxy teammate, Leonardo who signed with Orange County SC earlier this week, both arrive in time for the club's USL Championship home opener on March 16th against Tulsa Roughnecks.
Images from this story
Hugo Arellano with the LA Galaxy
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 15, 2019
- RGV FC Host Fresno FC for 2019 Home Opener - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Nashville SC Faces Saint Louis FC in Battle of Undefeated Teams - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising FC Partners with Casino Arizona for Stadium Naming Rights - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC Hosts Loudoun United FC Saturday Night at AutoZone Park - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts North Carolina FC in Home-Opener - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Congolese National Team Forward Joins Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. La Galaxy II - March 16, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Foster and Salazar Earn National Team Call-Ups - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Ottawa Fury FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Tacoma Defiance Signs Forward Justin Dhillon - Tacoma Defiance
- Indy Eleven Acquire Columbus Crew SC Defender Alex Crognale on Loan - Indy Eleven
- Real Monarchs SLC Opens 2019 Home Slate against Expansion Side El Paso Locomotive FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Clint Irwin & Kofi Opare to Switchbacks FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Reno 1868 FC v Austin Bold FC Match Preview - Reno 1868 FC
- Orange County SC Adds Hugo Arellano on Loan from the LA Galaxy - Orange County SC
- Independence Sign Carolina Rapids DA Product - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC Brings Confidence into First Away Test - North Carolina FC
- Homegrown Caleb Duvernay Inks Professional Contract with North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Jamoi Topey Receives International Call-Up - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Scottish National Team Midfielder Loaned to Charlotte from Celtic - Charlotte Independence
- Food Trucks Join Rowdies Concessions Roster - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- MLS SuperDraft Number One Pick Joins Orange County SC
- OCSC Announces the Signing of Patrick McLain
- Orange County SC Adds Hugo Arellano on Loan from the LA Galaxy
- Orange County SC Signs Liga MX Goalkeeper Carlos Lopez Cortez
- Orange County Soccer Club Enters the World of eSports