Scottish National Team Midfielder Loaned to Charlotte from Celtic
Charlotte (NC) - The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team announced the club has received midfielder Mark Hill on loan from Celtic FC. The 20-year-old has represented Scotland at the U-17 and U-19 levels.
"I'm very excited about being in Charlotte," said Hill. "I know Jim [McGuinness] demands his players be hard-working and it was the exact same way at Celtic when I played under him there. Hopefully, I can do that here and go back to get a chance with Celtic."
The Glasgow, Scotland native spent five years in the Celtic Youth Academy, eventually signing a three-year deal with the first team in 2017. With Celtic, he's faced top youth talents from Paris-Saint Germain and FC Bayern Munich during UEFA Youth League and the Premier League International Cup competitions. Most recently, Hill was loaned to Scottish professional sides St. Mirren FC and Forfar Athletic FC.
"It's hugely beneficial to get Mark in with this group and we're very excited about his arrival," said Independence Head Coach Jim McGuinness. "He's a great national team player and great Celtic player, as well. He's dynamic and he brings an exciting element to our team."
Hill will be available for selection as the Independence returns to USL Championship action on Friday, March 15th for the 2019 Season Opening Game versus Indy Eleven at the Sportsplex at Matthews. For more information on tickets, please visit charlotteindependence.com or call the Independence front office at 704-206-1515.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 15, 2019
- RGV FC Host Fresno FC for 2019 Home Opener - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Nashville SC Faces Saint Louis FC in Battle of Undefeated Teams - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising FC Partners with Casino Arizona for Stadium Naming Rights - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC Hosts Loudoun United FC Saturday Night at AutoZone Park - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts North Carolina FC in Home-Opener - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Congolese National Team Forward Joins Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. La Galaxy II - March 16, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Foster and Salazar Earn National Team Call-Ups - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Ottawa Fury FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Tacoma Defiance Signs Forward Justin Dhillon - Tacoma Defiance
- Indy Eleven Acquire Columbus Crew SC Defender Alex Crognale on Loan - Indy Eleven
- Real Monarchs SLC Opens 2019 Home Slate against Expansion Side El Paso Locomotive FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Clint Irwin & Kofi Opare to Switchbacks FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Reno 1868 FC v Austin Bold FC Match Preview - Reno 1868 FC
- Orange County SC Adds Hugo Arellano on Loan from the LA Galaxy - Orange County SC
- Independence Sign Carolina Rapids DA Product - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC Brings Confidence into First Away Test - North Carolina FC
- Homegrown Caleb Duvernay Inks Professional Contract with North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Jamoi Topey Receives International Call-Up - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Scottish National Team Midfielder Loaned to Charlotte from Celtic - Charlotte Independence
- Food Trucks Join Rowdies Concessions Roster - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.