Oilers Season Comes to An End in Loss to Rapid City
TULSA, OK - The Rapid City Rush defeated the Tulsa Oilers 9-6 Saturday at the BOK Center in the last game of the Oilers' 2017-18 regular season.
Dante Salituro scored from his knee to open the scoring. Salituro extended Rapid City's lead to two at the 14:04 mark. Oilers' forward Ryan Tesink cut the Rush's lead in half with a short-handed goal in the final minute of the period.
Aaron Boyd scored his second of the year 3:27 into the middle frame. Roman Ammirato scored his fifth of the year to once again make it a one-goal game. Salituro completed his hat trick at the 10:44 mark. Adam Pleskach scored less than three minutes later, but Boyd answered with his second of the period to give Rapid City a 5-3 lead. Andrew Radjenovic scored with 1:01 left in the second.
The third period saw a combined six goals. Kyle Rhodes scored the second goal of his career 6:40 into the final period. Evan Richardson continued the trend of rookie goals, scoring less than two minutes later. Rush captain Riley Weslowski extended the Rush's lead to a pair of goals. Oilers' forward Sam Wilbur cut the lead in half with his second of the year Jack Walker, who was a +4 on the night, scored just 40 seconds after Wilbur's goal. Salituro capped the night with his fourth goal at the 18:31 mark of the final period.
Season tickets are on sale for the 2018-19 Tulsa Oilers season. Join our hockey family for the 67th season of Oilers hockey in Tulsa, by calling 918-632-7825 or visiting www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 7, 2018
- Grizzlies Close Season with Shutout Win, Sellout Crowd - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Win Wild Affair to Close out Season - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Season Comes to An End in Loss to Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Move Back into Fourth Place After Overtime Loss to Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Blanked in Season Finale - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Fall in Quad City Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wings Loss Sets Stage for Win-And-In against Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale - Quad City Mallards
- Geiger Nets Late Winner in Regular Season Finale - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits End Season on a High Note against Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers End 2017-18 with An Exclamation Point - Wheeling Nailers
- Gladiators Blanked by Strong Goaltending in Regular Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Steam into Postseason with 5-2 Win over Admirals - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Defeat IceMen in Season Finale - Jacksonville IceMen
- Beast Put a Dent in K-Wings Playoff Plans with 2-1 Victory - Brampton Beast
- Monarchs Defeated by Railers, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Fall 5-2 in Reading to Close Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Win Season High Sixth Straight with 3-2 Victory in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers at Komets Game Day Snap Shot, April 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - April 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Troy Bourke - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day: Season Concludes Saturday Night in Reading - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Donate Money to Humboldt Broncos Tragedy - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Play Final Game on Road against Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, April 7 - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day Preview: Americans vs. Idaho - Allen Americans
- Komets Draw Cincinnati for First Round Playoffs - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Announce Playoff Schedule against Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Host Final Game of Regular Season with FANdemonium - Reading Royals
- Wichita Clinches First-Ever ECHL Playoff Berth - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' winning streak snapped in overtime - Idaho Steelheads
- Wings Return to Top Four by Earning Point in Quad City - Kalamazoo Wings
- Third Period Surges Eagles Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.