Oil Kings Business Operations 2021-22 Update
Edmonton, AB - The Edmonton Oil Kings are excited to welcome fans back to Rogers Place on Friday, October 1 at 7:00 PM when they host the Red Deer Rebels in their home opener for the 2021-22 season.
This year the team will be making some key changes on and off the ice.
This year, the Oil Kings 50/50, presented by End of the Roll, will move to an online platform following in the footsteps of the successful Edmonton Oilers and World Juniors models from this past year. With the new online platform, fans will be able to participate in each home game's 50/50 draw by visiting oilkings.ca or following the team's social media platforms.
Fans attending Rogers Place will now be able to do so without the need of a hard copy ticket.
Entertainment venues in Canada and the US have seen a number of changes over the past 18 months, one of which has been the shift to mobile-only ticketing. Rogers Place has joined that movement and has now fully transitioned to mobile ticketing.
Mobile ticketing not only allows fans to conveniently manage, share and donate their seats for games, it helps the venue reduce the risk of lost, stolen or counterfeit tickets.
The benefits of mobile ticketing have been enjoyed by fans at Rogers Place for years. Since opening in 2016, Oil Kings partial plans and individual tickets have been fully mobile, and many Season Seat Members have taken advantage of the benefits as well.
The Oil Kings have retired the alternate black, green and white jersey. The alternate jersey was first announced on September 9, 2013 and first worn on September 20, 2013 vs. the Calgary Hitmen; it was last worn on March 4, 2020 vs. the Spokane Chiefs.
During the 2021-22 season, the Oil Kings will wear their primary red, white and blue uniforms with the crown logo for the entire 68-game schedule; wearing the red uniform at home and the white uniform on the road.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 24, 2021
- Pats Defeat Warriors 4-1 - Regina Pats
- Royals Sign Defenceman Wyatt Wilson - Victoria Royals
- Tigers Sign Arp - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Justin Sourdif Signs Entry-Level Contract with Florida Panthers - Vancouver Giants
- Oil Kings Business Operations 2021-22 Update - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 10 Cougars Included on NHL Training Camps Rosters - Prince George Cougars
- Aaron Pritchett to Headline 2021-22 Home Opener, Presented by Merlin Ford Lincoln - Saskatoon Blades
- Blades Battle Raiders in Preseason Double Header - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE to Welcome Classroom of the Game, Presented by Cambrian Credit Union - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Acquire Thornton - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Forward Ben Thornton Traded to Brandon for Draft Pick - Spokane Chiefs
- Alex Clarke to Become First Female Linesperson in WHL History - WHL
- Pats Open Home-And-Home with Warriors on the Road - Regina Pats
- WHL Season Preview Ã¢ÂÂ Moose Jaw Warriors - Moose Jaw Warriors
- GetintheLoop Weekly Warmup Unveiled - Prince George Cougars
- ICE Beat Wheat Kings 5-4 - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Fall 5-4 to the ICE - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edmonton Oil Kings Stories
- Gotaas Sends the Fur Flying in Debut, Oil Kings Win Seesaw Affair with Warriors
- Oil Kings Maul the Tigers
- Jakub Demek Named to Team Slovakia's Preliminary Roster for World Junior Championship
- Oil Kings Acquire Defenceman Kaiden Guhle from Prince Albert
- Three Oil Kings Invited to Canadian World Junior Selection Camp