O'Hoppe and Stott Earn Organizational Honors for the Month of July
Williamsport catcher Logan O'Hoppe, Lakewood left-hander Ethan Lindow and Williamsport infielder Bryson Stott have been named Phillies Minor League Hitter, Pitcher and Defender of the Month, respectively, for July.
The 19-year-old O'Hoppe posted a .343/.373/.743 slash line, going 24-for-70 with nine doubles, two triples, five home runs, 18 RBI and 13 runs scored in 19 games during July. He recorded a 10-game hitting streak from July 15-27, during which he batted .462 (18-39). Overall, O'Hoppe collected eight multi-hit games last month. The New York native was selected by the Phillies in the 23rd round of the June 2018 draft.
Lindow, 20, went 1-0 with two saves and a 1.23 ERA (3 ER, 22.0 IP) in five games (two starts) during July. He struck out 21 batters and allowed 13 hits (.171 OPP AVG). His ERA in July was the second-lowest mark among South Atlantic League pitchers (minimum 22.0 IP). Additionally, he combined to toss 12.0 scoreless innings while allowing four hits in his three relief appearances last month. Lindow also was named Phillies Minor League Pitcher of the Month for June of this year. A native of Georgia, he was selected by the Phillies in the fifth round of the June 2017 draft.
Stott, 21, did not commit an error (51 total chances) in 16 games (all starts) at shortstop between Williamsport (12 games) and Gulf Coast League Phillies East (four games). He has yet to make an error during his first professional season in 25 games at shortstop and one at second base (93 total chances overall). The Las Vegas, Nev., native was selected by the Phillies in the first round (No. 14 overall) of this year's June draft.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Warner's Blast Leads to Spikes' 4-2 Win over Crosscutters - State College Spikes
- Brewer Hits First Pro Homer as 'Cats Defeat Tigers 7-5 - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Spikes Even Series in 4-2 Decision - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Hudson Valley Relievers Surrender Six Runs in Loss - Hudson Valley Renegades
- ValleyCats Early Runs Stump Tigers - Connecticut Tigers
- Spinners Salvage Series with 6-2 Victory over Renegades - Lowell Spinners
- Aberdeen No-Hits Vermont In 7-0 Victory - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Bryant & the Brooklyn Boys Win 4-1 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Over $11,000 Donated to ACES North America - Williamsport Crosscutters
- O'Hoppe and Stott Earn Organizational Honors for the Month of July - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Bats, Pitching Carry Doubledays over West Virginia - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.