Bryant & the Brooklyn Boys Win 4-1
CONEY ISLAND, NY - Behind terrific pitching from Garrison Bryant and Jose Peroza's late two-run home run for insurance, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, secured a 4-1 victory against the Staten Island Yankees Monday night in the middle game of a three-game set at MCU Park.
W: Bryant (4-1)
L: Garcia (0-1)
SV: Leon (2)
Cyclones HR: Peroza (2)
- Garrison Bryant earned his fourth Brooklyn victory, allowing one run on three hits over five innings of relief. Michael Gibbons, the Double-A rehabber, threw three no-hit innings to start, striking out two and walking two.
- Brooklyn added insurance in the bottom of the eighth when Jose Peroza slammed a two-run home run off the videoboard in left field to extend a 2-1 lead to 4-1.
- Jake Mangum tripled and scored on Antoine Duplantis' RBI single in the fifth, pushing the Brooklyn lead to 2-0. Duplantis scored in the first inning on Wilmer Reyes' base hit.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Garrison Bryant: W, 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Wilmer Reyes: 3-4, SB
- Jose Peroza: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
- Jake Mangum: 2-4, 3B, R
- Antoine Duplantis: 2-4, 3B, RBI, R, SB
NEWS & NOTES
- The Cyclones collected two triples in a game for the first time this season, tallying three-baggers from Jake Mangum and Antoine Duplantis.
- Jose Peroza has driven in six runs over the first two games of the series, recording a single, two doubles, and a home run.
- With Monday's win, Brooklyn has tied a high-watermark of nine games better than .500 at 32-23.
Cyclones at Staten Island Yankees - Tuesday, 7 p.m.
Richmond County Bank Ballpark - Staten Island, NY
Probables: RHP Michel Otanez (1-1, 1.80) vs. RHP Nelvin Correa (1-0, 0.75)
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Warner's Blast Leads to Spikes' 4-2 Win over Crosscutters - State College Spikes
- Brewer Hits First Pro Homer as 'Cats Defeat Tigers 7-5 - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Spikes Even Series in 4-2 Decision - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Hudson Valley Relievers Surrender Six Runs in Loss - Hudson Valley Renegades
- ValleyCats Early Runs Stump Tigers - Connecticut Tigers
- Spinners Salvage Series with 6-2 Victory over Renegades - Lowell Spinners
- Aberdeen No-Hits Vermont In 7-0 Victory - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Bryant & the Brooklyn Boys Win 4-1 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Over $11,000 Donated to ACES North America - Williamsport Crosscutters
- O'Hoppe and Stott Earn Organizational Honors for the Month of July - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Bats, Pitching Carry Doubledays over West Virginia - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.