Offensive Guard Hunter Steward Re-Signs with Lions
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club today announced that pending free agent offensive lineman Hunter Steward has signed a contract extension with the team for the 2019 season.
Steward (6'6", 315) appeared in 14 games a starter at guard for the club in 2018 and pushed his five-year Lions career total to 58 appearances overall. Originally coming to the club as the sixth-overall selection in the 2013 CFL Draft, the Calgary native has become a mainstay at guard over the past three seasons.
"Hunter's size and ability can make him one of our most dominant offensive linemen." said GM Ed Hervey. "He has reached a point in his career that we're going to be depending on him a great deal in both pass protection and running the ball. It all starts at the line of scrimmage and if we're going to see improvement there then Hunter will be a big part of that development."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Eskimos Extend Five - Edmonton Eskimos
- Ese Mrabure Remains in Calgary - Calgary Stampeders
- Two-Time CFL All-Star Breaux Sr. Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats to Three-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Bryan Burnham to Remain a Lion, Signs Two-Year Deal - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Extend Jean-Samuel Blanc for Two Seasons - Montreal Alouettes
- Offensive Guard Hunter Steward Re-Signs with Lions - B.C. Lions
- National Linebacker Sam Hurl Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Edmonton Eskimos Announce President & CEO Len Rhodes Will Not Seek Another Term - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Re-Sign National DL Jeff Finley - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Linebacker Lawrence to a Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.