Two-Time CFL All-Star Breaux Sr. Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats to Three-Year Contract
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday the football club has re-signed international defensive back Delvin Breaux Sr. to a three-year contract.
Breaux Sr., 29, played and started 14 games in 2018 at boundary corner for the Tiger-Cats, recording 24 defensive tackles, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles, two pass knockdowns and one tackle for loss. The 6-1, 210-pound native of New Orleans, Louisiana was named both a CFL and East Division All-Star for the second time in his career last season (2014, 2018) after returning to the Ticats from a three-year stint in the National Football League (2015-17).
"Delvin is one of the most dominant defensive players in the Canadian Football League," said Orlondo Steinauer, Head Coach of the Tiger-Cats. "Not only is he a great player, but a great person who enables us to keep continuity in the secondary. We are very excited to be able to retain a player of his calibre on a long-term deal."
Overall, Breaux Sr. has played 39 career CFL games with the Tiger-Cats over three seasons (2013-14, 2018), registering 84 defensive tackles, one quarterback sack, one interception, 12 pass knockdowns, five forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, one tackle for loss and two touchdowns (one interception return, one fumble return).
Breaux Sr. played for the NFL's New Orleans Saints from 2015 to 2017, appearing in 22 games in 2015 and 2016 before missing the 2017 season due to injury. With the Saints, he registered 66 total tackles, 20 passes defended, three interceptions and one fumble recovery. Breaux Sr. was the Saints' 2015 recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award presented to select players in the NFL who are voted by their teammates as role models of inspiration, sportsmanship and courage.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Eskimos Extend Five - Edmonton Eskimos
- Ese Mrabure Remains in Calgary - Calgary Stampeders
- Two-Time CFL All-Star Breaux Sr. Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats to Three-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Bryan Burnham to Remain a Lion, Signs Two-Year Deal - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Extend Jean-Samuel Blanc for Two Seasons - Montreal Alouettes
- Offensive Guard Hunter Steward Re-Signs with Lions - B.C. Lions
- National Linebacker Sam Hurl Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Edmonton Eskimos Announce President & CEO Len Rhodes Will Not Seek Another Term - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Re-Sign National DL Jeff Finley - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Linebacker Lawrence to a Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Bring Back Offensive Lineman Mathews
- Tiger-Cats Unveil Plans for Uniquely Hamilton Stadium Experience at Tim Hortons Field for 2021 Grey Cup Game
- Tiger-Cats Sign Offensive Lineman Rhaney and Wide Receiver Leslie
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Sumpter
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Crockett and Defensive Back Gibson