Alouettes Extend Jean-Samuel Blanc for Two Seasons
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Monday that the club has signed national defensive lineman Jean-Samuel Blanc to a new two-year contract.
Blanc (6'1 '', 245 lbs.) will return for a fifth season with the Alouettes. In 15 games in 2018, he registered nine special teams tackles as well as four defensive tackles. In 63-career CFL games, all with Montreal, the 28-year-old made 38 special team tackles, two quarterback sacks and three forced fumbles. The Montreal native joined the Alouettes as a free agent in 2015 after spending his collegiate career with the Université de Montréal Carabins, with whom he won the Vanier Cup in 2014.
"Jean-Samuel is a young veteran on our team and has gained valuable experience with us, while also fitting in our system," said Montreal Alouettes General Manager Kavis Reed. "He has showed great progression over the seasons and we look forward to seeing him on the field next season."
Blanc was obviously happy to remain with the Alouettes. "I absolutely wanted to stay with the Alouettes, it's home here and I'm very happy that we have finalized this contract," declared Blanc. 'I have played four seasons with the team and I know that the best is yet to come, there is a lot of talent on our team and I can't wait for us to demonstrate it on the field."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Eskimos Extend Five - Edmonton Eskimos
- Ese Mrabure Remains in Calgary - Calgary Stampeders
- Two-Time CFL All-Star Breaux Sr. Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats to Three-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Bryan Burnham to Remain a Lion, Signs Two-Year Deal - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Extend Jean-Samuel Blanc for Two Seasons - Montreal Alouettes
- Offensive Guard Hunter Steward Re-Signs with Lions - B.C. Lions
- National Linebacker Sam Hurl Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Edmonton Eskimos Announce President & CEO Len Rhodes Will Not Seek Another Term - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Re-Sign National DL Jeff Finley - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Linebacker Lawrence to a Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Felix Faubert-Lussier Signs with the Alouettes
- Alouettes Add Receiver Chris Brown to the Roster
- Stephen Adekolu, Back for a Third Season with the Alouettes
- Alouettes Add Veteran Running Back Jeremiah Johnson to the Roster
- Alouettes Launch the 22nd Edition of the Together at School Program