Eskimos Extend Five
(Edmonton) - The Edmonton Eskimos announce today they have extended the following players:
International offensive lineman Colin Kelly (through 2020)
National long snapper Ryan King (through 2021)
International defensive back Forrest Hightower (through 2019)
National fullback Calvin McCarty (through 2019)
International wide receiver Kenny Stafford (through 2020)
Kelly appeared in, and started, all 18 games this past season at right tackle. Kelly originally signed in Edmonton in 2017 after spending the 2014 and 2015 seasons with the Ottawa RedBlacks. He has currently played in 56 career CFL games.
King appeared in all 18 games this past season where he recorded four special teams tackles. King has spent his entire seven-year career in the Green and Gold and has appeared in 104 career games. King was also a member of the 2015 Grey Cup championship team.
Hightower appeared in 11 games this past season where he recorded 26 tackles and three interceptions. He enters his fifth season in the CFL, his third with the Green and Gold.
McCarty appeared in all 18 games this past season where he finished with 14 receptions for 110 yards and one carry for four yards. The current longest-serving Edmonton Eskimo, 12 years and 187 games, also recorded four special teams tackles. McCarty was also a member of the 2015 Grey Cup championship team.
Stafford appeared in, and started, 17 games this season for the Green and Gold where he finished with 55 receptions for 781 yards and two touchdowns. Stafford enters his seventh CFL season and his fourth with Edmonton. Stafford was also a member of the 2015 Grey Cup championship team.
Offensive lineman (international)
Born: Dec. 29, 1989 - Longview, WA
College: Oregon State
Long snapper (national)
Born: Feb. 19, 1986 - Edmonton, AB
College: St. Mary's (Canada)
Defensive back (international)
Born: Mar. 15, 1992 - Oakland, CA
College: San Jose State
Born: Nov. 2, 1984 - Muskogee, OK
College: Western Washington
Wide receiver (international)
Born: Apr. 20, 1990 - Columbus, OH
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Eskimos Extend Five - Edmonton Eskimos
- Ese Mrabure Remains in Calgary - Calgary Stampeders
- Two-Time CFL All-Star Breaux Sr. Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats to Three-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Bryan Burnham to Remain a Lion, Signs Two-Year Deal - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Extend Jean-Samuel Blanc for Two Seasons - Montreal Alouettes
- Offensive Guard Hunter Steward Re-Signs with Lions - B.C. Lions
- National Linebacker Sam Hurl Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Edmonton Eskimos Announce President & CEO Len Rhodes Will Not Seek Another Term - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Re-Sign National DL Jeff Finley - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Linebacker Lawrence to a Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edmonton Eskimos Stories
- Injury Update: SirVincent Rogers
- Jake Smith Released
- Eskimos Offering Free Admission to Sunday's Game for Evacuated Residents
- Eskimos Sign WR Jake Smith
- Eskimos Ink Pair