Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Linebacker Lawrence to a Two-Year Contract
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday the football club has re-signed international linebacker Simoni Lawrence to a two-year contract.
Lawrence, 30, played in 18 regular season games with the Tiger-Cats in 2018, registering 68 defensive tackles, three quarterback sacks, three tackles for loss and one fumble recovery. The 6-1, 231-pound native of Upper Darby, Pennsylvania has appeared in 113 career CFL games (97 starts) with the Edmonton Eskimos (2012) and Tiger-Cats (2013-18), posting 435 defensive tackles, 21 tackles for loss, 22 quarterback sacks, eight interceptions, 10 forced fumbles, 10 fumble recoveries, 16 pass knock downs and 18 special teams tackles. He has also seen action in 11 playoff games, including two Grey Cup appearances in 2013 and 2014 with Hamilton.
Lawrence's CFL accolades include being named the East Division's Most Outstanding Defensive Player and a CFL All-Star in 2015, and three consecutive Divisional All-Star nods from 2014 to 2016. The University of Minnesota product was originally acquired by the Tiger-Cats on February 5, 2013 from the Eskimos along with quarterback Jeremiah Masoli and offensive lineman Greg Wojt in exchange for linebacker Nathan Kanya and offensive lineman Carson Rockhill. Throughout his pro career, Lawrence has also spent time with five National Football League teams, including the St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Minnesota Vikings.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Eskimos Extend Five - Edmonton Eskimos
- Ese Mrabure Remains in Calgary - Calgary Stampeders
- Two-Time CFL All-Star Breaux Sr. Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats to Three-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Bryan Burnham to Remain a Lion, Signs Two-Year Deal - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Extend Jean-Samuel Blanc for Two Seasons - Montreal Alouettes
- Offensive Guard Hunter Steward Re-Signs with Lions - B.C. Lions
- National Linebacker Sam Hurl Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Edmonton Eskimos Announce President & CEO Len Rhodes Will Not Seek Another Term - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Re-Sign National DL Jeff Finley - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Linebacker Lawrence to a Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Bring Back Offensive Lineman Mathews
- Tiger-Cats Unveil Plans for Uniquely Hamilton Stadium Experience at Tim Hortons Field for 2021 Grey Cup Game
- Tiger-Cats Sign Offensive Lineman Rhaney and Wide Receiver Leslie
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Sumpter
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Crockett and Defensive Back Gibson