Notre Dame Alum Dylan Malmquist Returns from Europe to Join Mavs
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced the signing of forward Dylan Malmquist Wednesday afternoon.
Malmquist, a five-foot-11, 185-pound, 24-year old left winger from Edina, Minnesota comes to KC after spending his first pro season in the EIHL with the Nottingham Panthers. In 45 games, he posted 27 points on eight goals and 19 assists and a plus-12 plus-minus rating.
"He will bring an elite level skillset that will greatly benefit our lineup," Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Ops Tad O'Had said, "He creates offense with a 200-foot game. He's won two Big 10 championships at Notre Dame along with many personal accolades. As a rookie in the EIHL, he was a prolific player."
He played four years at the University of Notre Dame, where he amassed 91 points in 150 games on 40 goals and 51 assists. He was an alternate captain his senior year.
"Dylan is a crafty player and that carried over to his time in the EIHL last season," Mavericks Assistant Coach Kohl Schultz said, "His poise with the puck, vision, and ability to make plays will make his teammates better around him."
The ECHL announced a targeted start date of the 2020-21 regular season of December 4, 2020. Reserve your season tickets now by visiting kcmavericks.com or calling 816-252-7825.
Images from this story
Forward Dylan Malmquist with Notre Dame
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2020
- Americans Add Goalie with AHL Experience - Allen Americans
- Notre Dame Alum Dylan Malmquist Returns from Europe to Join Mavs - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bauer Back for Fourth Season - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Raskob Agrees to Terms with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Mason Mitchell Returns to Cyclones for 2020-2021 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Participate in Light the Night Campaign - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Battle Swamp Rabbits in LLS Fundraiser Competition - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Puts Final Touches on Deal with G Ruck - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.