Swamp Rabbits Participate in Light the Night Campaign
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, in conjunction with the South Carolina Stingrays, are proud to participate in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual Light the Night fundraiser. The two organizations are challenging their fanbases to raise money for LLS, with bragging rights, and the awarding of the first annual Cross State Lantern Trophy, on the line.
The light and warmth of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society generates and delivers hope in a time of despair, a community in place of loneliness, and life-saving research and support for cancer patients and their families. The 2020 Light the Night fundraiser will be completely virtual, but the mission remains the same- saving lives, and finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma.
"We're excited to support this great cause," said Tim Vieira, the Swamp Rabbits' Director of Corporate and Community. "Particularly in a year where we are challenged with an ever-changing landscape, it is important for us to still focus on community causes such as blood cancer awareness that will always affect families."
LLS has invested nearly $1.3 billion in cancer research since 1949, has granted more than $431 million in co-pay financial assistance for families, has funded over 250 research grants around the world, and has helped advance 55 blood cancer therapies since 2017.
If you email proof of your donation to the Swamp Rabbits Light the Night team to [email protected], you can have a custom, one-of-a-kind phone wallpaper created just for you, or have the home video of your choice dubbed over by Jordan Kuhns, the Voice of the Swamp Rabbits, with even more prizes to come.
Hop On to our team by clicking the button above, or click here .
#RABBITSRISING# SEASON TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! Support the Swamp Rabbits and get the best price on tickets for the 2020-21 season. Take part in team events and get some sweet benefits, starting at just $450 per seat, or just $12.50 per game.
GEAR UP! Get ready for the 2020-21 season by heading to our online store, the Hop Shop ! Stay safe with Swamp Rabbits masks, or show your excitement for new head coach Andrew Lord with our special edition Lord #71 t-shirt.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2020
- Americans Add Goalie with AHL Experience - Allen Americans
- Notre Dame Alum Dylan Malmquist Returns from Europe to Join Mavs - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bauer Back for Fourth Season - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Raskob Agrees to Terms with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Mason Mitchell Returns to Cyclones for 2020-2021 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Participate in Light the Night Campaign - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Battle Swamp Rabbits in LLS Fundraiser Competition - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Puts Final Touches on Deal with G Ruck - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Swamp Rabbits Align with Florida Panthers, Remain Partnered with Charlotte Checkers
- Dynamic Forward Liam Pecararo Rejoins for '20-21
- Swamp Rabbits Ink Goaltender John Lethemon
- Greenville Battles South Carolina Stingrays in Lone Exhibition Tilt