Nieporte's Homers Helps Boomers Break Slide
MARION, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, broke an eight-game skid with a 5-2 win in 11 innings to stop the Southern Illinois Miners, who had won 10 straight, on Sunday night.
Quincy Nieporte provided the decisive blow, throttling a three-run homer with two outs in the top of the 11th to break a 2-2 stalemate. Schaumburg led for most of the contest, jumping ahead in the first inning for the second consecutive contest. Jack Parenty led off the game with a single and Clint Hardy followed with a walk. Following a sacrifice bunt, Parenty scored the first run on an error. Parenty lifted a sacrifice fly in the fifth to plate Jimmy Galusky with the second run. Southern Illinois tallied single runs in the sixth and eighth to tie the game but could not score despite having the winning run on base in the eighth, ninth and 10th.
Connor Eller worked a season high three innings in relief to grab the win. Gunnar Kines started an allowed one run in seven innings, striking out seven, but did not factor in the decision. Schaumburg scored five runs on just five hits and won the season series from Southern Illinois. Parenty finished with two hits in the victory.
The Boomers (39-39) take Monday off before opening a three-game set at Windy City on Tuesday night with LHP Connor Reed (4-6, 3.91) on the mound. Just six home games remain on the schedule this season. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Rascals Finish Sweep of Freedom - River City Rascals
- Freedom Swept in Weekend Series - Florence Y'alls
- Grizzlies Take Rubber Match over ThunderBolts - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters' Offense Sinks Wild Things Early - Evansville Otters
- ThunderBolts Drop Series Finale at Gateway - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Miners' Win Streak Snapped in Extra Innings - Southern Illinois Miners
- Nieporte's Homers Helps Boomers Break Slide - Schaumburg Boomers
- Roa Drives in Two in Loss - Washington Wild Things
- Joliet Avoids Sweep with Great Pitching - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Schaumburg Boomers Stories
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of MLB
- White Sox Select Boomers Stadium as Training Site for the 2020 Season
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys
- All-Star Nieporte Returns for 2020
- Eddie Jackson Charity Softball Game Returns Next Summer