Roa Drives in Two in Loss
WASHINGTON, Pa. - Hector Roa drove in two runs with a multi-hit performance, but the early hole dug by the Wild Things was too much to climb out of, as they fell in the rubber game to Evansville, 9-2.
Evansville scored twice in the first inning on a two-run homer by Elijah MacNamee, before Washington got a run back in the first. Roa singled home his first run to make it 2-1.
The Otters scored twice in the third and four times in the fifth inning, with seven of the total eight to that point coming in against the line of AJ Bogucki, who took the loss. James Meeker allowed one in that fifth and one in the eighth, unearned, in his four innings.
Roa's second RBI single happened in the sixth inning.
The Wild Things now turn their attention to a week-day series with the Joliet Slammers on the road. First pitch Tuesday at DuPage Medical Group Field is at 7:05 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Rascals Finish Sweep of Freedom - River City Rascals
- Freedom Swept in Weekend Series - Florence Y'alls
- Grizzlies Take Rubber Match over ThunderBolts - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters' Offense Sinks Wild Things Early - Evansville Otters
- ThunderBolts Drop Series Finale at Gateway - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Miners' Win Streak Snapped in Extra Innings - Southern Illinois Miners
- Nieporte's Homers Helps Boomers Break Slide - Schaumburg Boomers
- Roa Drives in Two in Loss - Washington Wild Things
- Joliet Avoids Sweep with Great Pitching - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.