New York Knicks Sign Kenny Wooten to Two-Way Contract
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks announced today that the team has signed Westchester Knicks forward Kenny Wooten to a Two-Way contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Wooten, 6-8, 235 pounds, has appeared in all 24 games for Westchester this season earning 16 starts. In 24 minutes per game, the forward is averaging 7.7 points on 66-percent shooting, 5.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists. Through Westchester's last five, which includes two career-high 18-point performances, Wooten is averaging 15.5 points on 75.7-percent.
As the NBA G League's second-leading shot-blocker, Wooten is raising for 3.43 blocks per game. He is the first player in franchise history with eight games of at least five blocks in a single season. Against Grand Rapids Drive (11/20), Wooten registered a franchise-tying eight rejections to go along with nine points and 10 rebounds.
The Stockton, CA-native was eligible for the 2019 NBA Draft following his sophomore season at Oregon and signed a contract with the New York Knicks on Sep. 9. As a member of the New York Knicks Las Vegas Summer League entry, Wooten averaged 1.8 points, 3.0 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 13.3 minutes across four games.
Wooten becomes the 11th player in Westchester Knicks history, first under first-year head coach Derrick Alston, to receive an NBA call-up. The Knicks led the NBA G League in call-ups through 2017-19 with nine.
The Knicks return home, Saturday, January 18 to host the Salt Lake City Stars at 3 PM ET.
Kenny Wooten's Westchester Knicks Highlights - https://youtu.be/fB5oMC75QQc
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Comeback Win Extends Winning Streak for Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Short-Handed Lakers Fall in Oklahoma City - South Bay Lakers
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Red Claws Roll to 6th Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- New York Knicks Sign Kenny Wooten to Two-Way Contract - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Add Stefan Jankovic - Capital City Go-Go
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Justin James to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Waive Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League News and Notes - January 14 - G League
- Stars Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Suns - Salt Lake City Stars
- New Suns Guard Ike Nwamu Shows his Potential in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.