Lakeland Magic Fall to Delaware Blue Coats
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, fell to the Delaware Blue Coats 108-95 in front of a home crowd at the RP Funding Center.
It was a back and forth start to the game with the Magic leading 31-30 at the end of the first quarter. Andrew Rowsey continued his stretch of hot shooting, leading all scorers with 19 points in the first half as Lakeland took a three point lead into the break.
The Blue Coats came out firing, starting the second half on a 14-5 run. Centers, Christ Koumadje and Doral Moore, took control of the paint and lead Delaware at the end of the third quarter with 14 and 13 points respectively. The Blue Coats continued their attack on the boards in the fourth, and won the rebounding margin 50-40. The Magic fought to stage a comeback but never regained the lead and eventually fell 108-95.
Rowsey, with his third consecutive game of at least 27 points, finished with 29 points. Vic Law posted 25 points and seven rebounds. Melvin Frazier Jr., on assignment from Orlando, added 13 points, five rebounds, five assists, and three steals.
Koumadje ended the night with 18 points and 12 rebounds while his fellow center Moore put in 16 points and seven rebounds. Two-way player, Marial Shayok, contributed 16 points, five rebounds, and five assists.
The Lakeland Magic are back at home on Thursday, January 16 for a matinee against the Delaware Blue Coats. The early tip-off at the RP Funding Center is set for 11:00 AM. The game will be available on ESPN+.
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Comeback Win Extends Winning Streak for Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Short-Handed Lakers Fall in Oklahoma City - South Bay Lakers
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Red Claws Roll to 6th Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- New York Knicks Sign Kenny Wooten to Two-Way Contract - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Add Stefan Jankovic - Capital City Go-Go
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Justin James to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Waive Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League News and Notes - January 14 - G League
- Stars Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Suns - Salt Lake City Stars
- New Suns Guard Ike Nwamu Shows his Potential in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- Johnson, Magette and Law Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- DeVos Family Pledges up to $2 Million for Magic and Amway Center Hourly Workers
- Lakeland Magic Statement on NBA Suspending Operations
- Jefferson, Magette Lead Magic over BayHawks