Go-Go Add Stefan Jankovic
The Capital City Go-Go, the Washington Wizards' NBA G League affiliate, added forward Stefan Jankovic off of waivers today. In a corresponding move, the team waived Tyrrel Tate.
Jankovic, a 6-11, 235 pound forward from Mississauga, Ontario, played in 11 games with AEK Athens this season, averaging 5.3 points and 2.3 rebounds per game. The Hawaii product also played in 119 games in Serbia from 2017-2019. Jankovic last appeared in the NBA G League in 2016-17, playing in 31 games with the Sioux Falls Skyforce and Erie BayHawks, averaging 8.1 points and 4.9 rebounds per game.
Jankovic has twice appeared in NBA Summer League action, playing with Miami in 2016 and Orlando in 2017, while also attending training camp with the Heat prior to the 2016-17 season. After transferring from Missouri, Jankovic averaged over 10 points per game in both of his seasons with the Rainbow Warriors, including a 15.6 point and 6.6 rebound average as a junior in 2015-16, leading to Big West Player of the Year honors.
Jankovic will be available for tomorrow night's Go-Go game against the Raptors 905, which tips off at 7:00 p.m. on Monumental Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Comeback Win Extends Winning Streak for Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Short-Handed Lakers Fall in Oklahoma City - South Bay Lakers
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Red Claws Roll to 6th Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- New York Knicks Sign Kenny Wooten to Two-Way Contract - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Add Stefan Jankovic - Capital City Go-Go
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Justin James to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Waive Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League News and Notes - January 14 - G League
- Stars Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Suns - Salt Lake City Stars
- New Suns Guard Ike Nwamu Shows his Potential in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.