NBA G League News and Notes - January 14
January 14, 2020 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
RISING WATERS: Boston Celtics two-way player Tremont Waters was named NBA G League Player of the Week for games played Monday, January 6 through Sunday, January 12. The former LSU stand- out supplied 30 points and seven assists for the Maine Red Claws in a 120-118 triple-overtime win over the Capital City Go-Go. Waters and the Red Claws, winners of five straight, visit the Erie BayHawks tonight at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
SOARING SKYHAWKS: With three wins last week, the College Park Skyhawks extended their winning streak to four and remain at the top of the Southeast Division. The Skyhawks were paced by Jordan Sibert (24.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg), Nick Ward (23.0 ppg, 9.0 rpg) and Cat Barber (16.6 ppg, 10.3 apg). College Park hosts the Grand Rapids Drive on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
SIX FOR THE SPURS: San Antonio Spurs assign- ee Keldon Johnson produced 25 points and five rebounds in a 123-106 victory over the South Bay Lakers to help the Austin Spurs extend their winning streak to six games. Austin currently sits near the top of the Western Conference. The Spurs visit the Stockton Kings tonight at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
Miami Heat guard Duncan Robinson has been one of the NBA's biggest surprises this season. Robinson leads the Heat with 124 three-point field goals made, tied for sixth in the NBA. On Dec. 10, he made 10 three-pointers and scored 34 points against the Atlanta Hawks. He and fellow NBA G League Alum Kendrick Nunn have become key pieces for Miami, which sits near the top of the Eastern Conference standings. Robinson, who went undrafted in 2018 after averaging 9.2 points as a senior at Michigan, was named to the 2018-19 All-NBA G League Third Team and NBA G League All-Rookie Team.
Sacramento Kings assignee Wenyen Gabriel post- ed a double-double of 37 points and 11 rebounds for the Stockton Kings in a 163-143 victory over the Iowa Wolves. The former Kentucky Wildcat is averaging 20.2 points and 9.2 rebounds this season.
Lakeland Magic guard Andrew Rowsey tallied 33 points, five rebounds and five assists in a 122-120 win over the Westchester Knicks. Rowsey connected on five three-pointers.
Houston Rockets two-way player Michael Frazier recorded 32 points, six rebounds and four assists for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in a 132-114 victory over the Stockton Kings. Frazier also connected on six three-pointers.
Sioux Falls Skyforce guard Mychal Mulder scored 31 points and grabbed five rebounds to lead his team to a 106-90 win over the Capital City Go-Go. The second-year guard is averaging 15.7 points this season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Comeback Win Extends Winning Streak for Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Short-Handed Lakers Fall in Oklahoma City - South Bay Lakers
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Red Claws Roll to 6th Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- New York Knicks Sign Kenny Wooten to Two-Way Contract - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Add Stefan Jankovic - Capital City Go-Go
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Justin James to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Waive Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League News and Notes - January 14 - G League
- Stars Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Suns - Salt Lake City Stars
- New Suns Guard Ike Nwamu Shows his Potential in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.