New Pitcher Bargas Flies High in AirHogs Win
Grand Prairie - Grand Prairie's newest player had the chance to contribute very early by starting the finale of the two-game series against the Laredo Lemurs, throwing a gem as the AirHogs beat the Lemurs 5-2 Wednesday afternoon at QuikTrip Park. With the victory the AirHogs improve to 11-12 on the season and are now two and a half games out in the South Division. Brandon Bargas, who was brought in Tuesday night, threw seven and two-thirds innings allowing two runs, one of them earned. He started off the day right, retiring the first 10 batters he faced. He struck out four and fans had to wait until the eighth inning until he gave up his first hit. He only gave up three hits on the afternoon. Chris Allen came in to finish the eighth and struck out the one batter he faced. Patrick Mincey got the save for the game. He only allowed one hit but that runner never came across the plate. Mincey also struck out a batter as he recorded his fourth save of the season.
Offensively the AirHogs took the lead and made sure to not give the Lemurs a chance. Most of the runs came off a Ryan Pineda three-run home run. As soon as he hit the ball you knew it was gone for Pineda's second of the season. Brandon Pinckney earlier in the fifth inning also went deep for a solo shot, his third. Andres Rodriguez went 3-for-5 on the day including scoring a run. Brian Myrow went 3-for-4 and also scored a run.
This is the last time the Lemurs and AirHogs will meet in Grand Prairie. They will play in Laredo but not until August. The AirHogs have a day off Thursday but come back Friday and open up a three-game series against Sioux City. The AirHogs have won five of their last six and hope to keep that streak going in Sioux City.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 12, 2013
- Explorers Snap Three Game Losing Streak - Sioux City Explorers
- A Laber of Love as Saints Put Full Nelson on RedHawks in 6-0 Shutout - St. Paul Saints
- Kansas City's Offense Silenced in Sioux City Finale - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats Series Finale Washed Out - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association Afternoon Roundup - June 12, 2013 - AA
- Lemurs Announce Upcoming Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- Champion, Taylor Lift Birds to Win Over Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Slap Hands on Ramon's Sac Fly - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Canaries Calm 'Dogs Bats, Avoid Sweep - Lincoln Saltdogs
- New Pitcher Bargas Flies High in AirHogs Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Swept by AirHogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Pop Duo Megan and Liz to Perform at St. Paul Saints Game - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Edge Wingnuts in Rubber Game - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Goldeyes Release RHP Alex Capaul - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 12th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Add A Little Soule To Their Pitch Staff - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Diablos lose second straight game to Amarillo, 12-3 - El Paso Diablos
- Long Ball Beats the Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Kansas City Takes Down Explorers 10-1 - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Offense Downpours on Rainwater, Sioux City - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs Go Buck Wild at Birdcage in Laugher - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs