New Mexico United Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19
Albuquerque, NM - On Monday evening, New Mexico United was made aware of a staff member testing positive for COVID-19. This individual has had no contact with any "covered persons" involved in training, player/technical staff operations, or team travel. All individuals who have been in contact with this person were immediately tested for COVID-19, and have been instructed to remain under quarantine, pending the results of those tests. The individual in question has exhibited no symptoms of COVID-19.
Building community has always been the most important thing we do at New Mexico United. As soon as we were made aware of a positive test, we immediately took proper steps put in place by local and state officials, and the United Soccer League to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved in our community, and limit potential spread.
No player, technical staff member, or "covered person" within New Mexico United has tested positive for COVID-19 at any point, and matches will not be impacted by this singular positive test. Business operations are continuing as normal at New Mexico United's offices, with the exception of individuals who may have come into contact with this person working from home. Out of an abundance of caution, New Mexico United's previously-scheduled "Art & Sport Night" will be rescheduled for a later date. Per HIPAA, and the privacy of the individual in question, New Mexico United will not provide any identifying information.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 2, 2020
- FC Tulsa Gets First Home Win Behind Suarez Braces - FC Tulsa
- Legion FC Falls to North Carolina FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Philadelphia Union II Edged by Atlanta United 2, 2-1 - Philadelphia Union II
- Albadawi and Fortune Score in North Carolina FC Win over Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- Toros Fall Short to FC Tulsa on the Road - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Late heroics from Julian Chavez and Mario Penagos solidify dramatic road win against T2 - Sacramento Republic FC
- New Mexico United Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19 - New Mexico United
- Mike da Fonte Re-Signs with Energy FC - OKC Energy FC
- Indy Eleven Accepting Nominees for Campeones de la Comunidad Awards - Indy Eleven
- Rowdies Sign Defender Alexander Davey - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 11 - USL
- Memphis 901 FC Reschedules Matches against North Carolina FC - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Sets New Dates for Matches against Memphis 901 FC - North Carolina FC
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - September 2, 2020 - USL
- Alex Davey Transferred to Tampa Bay Rowdies - Hartford Athletic
- Diversity Committee Formed to Take on Issues 'Bigger Than Sports' - Louisville City FC
- Energy FC Bolsters Defense with Re-Signing of Mike da Fonte - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Mexico United Stories
- 880 Screaming Fans, 450 Miles from Home, 0 Positive COVID Tests: How New Mexico United Is Leading the Way on Community Safety
- New Mexico United, Electric Playhouse Team up to Announce "Meal and a Match" Interactive Watch Parties
- New Mexico United to Host First "Home" Match of the Season in Colorado Springs
- New Mexico United Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast