Rowdies Sign Defender Alexander Davey
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -The Tampa Bay Rowdies announced on Wednesday the had acquired defender Alex Davey from Hartford Athletic for the remainder of the 2020 USL Championship Season. Per club policy, further contract details were not disclosed.
"I'm delighted to be here at such a huge club and very grateful for the opportunity," said Davey. "Now it is time to get to work and do everything I can to help the team in their push for the 2020 USL Championship."
Davey arrived at Hartford Athletic a season ago and made 16 appearances for the side between the 2019 and 2020 Championship seasons. Prior to making the move to the United States, he spent his youth career and early stages of his professional career with Chelsea of the Premier League.
Between 2014 and 2017, Davey also had loan spells with Scunthorpe United, Peterborough United, Stabaek and Crawley Town. He signed with Cheltenham Town in 2017 after his departure from Chelsea and was then loaned out to Torquay United. In 2018, prior to joining Harford, Davey played for Boreham Wood, and Dagenham & Redbridge of the National League.
"To be able to add a player of Alex's quality at this point in the season is great," said Rowdies Head Coach Neill Collins. "Thanks to the club for allowing us to make this happen as I now feel we have depth and competition in every position."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 2, 2020
- FC Tulsa Gets First Home Win Behind Suarez Braces - FC Tulsa
- Legion FC Falls to North Carolina FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Philadelphia Union II Edged by Atlanta United 2, 2-1 - Philadelphia Union II
- Albadawi and Fortune Score in North Carolina FC Win over Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- Toros Fall Short to FC Tulsa on the Road - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Late heroics from Julian Chavez and Mario Penagos solidify dramatic road win against T2 - Sacramento Republic FC
- New Mexico United Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19 - New Mexico United
- Mike da Fonte Re-Signs with Energy FC - OKC Energy FC
- Indy Eleven Accepting Nominees for Campeones de la Comunidad Awards - Indy Eleven
- Rowdies Sign Defender Alexander Davey - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 11 - USL
- Memphis 901 FC Reschedules Matches against North Carolina FC - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Sets New Dates for Matches against Memphis 901 FC - North Carolina FC
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - September 2, 2020 - USL
- Alex Davey Transferred to Tampa Bay Rowdies - Hartford Athletic
- Diversity Committee Formed to Take on Issues 'Bigger Than Sports' - Louisville City FC
- Energy FC Bolsters Defense with Re-Signing of Mike da Fonte - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.