New England Revolution and Chelsea FC Announce Complete List of "Final Whistle on Hate" Match Beneficiaries
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution and Chelsea FC have announced the complete list of beneficiaries ahead of the "Final Whistle on Hate" charity match at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, May 15. The Revolution and Chelsea have teamed up to highlight the ongoing rise of hate crimes around the world and are working together to harness the power of sport in bringing people together to tackle hate and prejudice in all its forms. The initial idea for the match was developed by club owners Roman Abramovich and Robert Kraft in light of a global rise in antisemitic activity.
All proceeds from the match will be donated to the 15 organizations listed below, each of which are dedicated to combatting antisemitism and discrimination. In addition, Abramovich and Kraft will each donate $1 million in support of the cause.
- The Anti-Defamation League - The ADL's mission is to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies - CJP works to inspire and mobilize the diverse Greater Boston Jewish community to engage in building communities of learning and action that strengthen Jewish life and improve the world.
- Community Security Trust - A British nonprofit that secures, advises, and trains Jewish communal organizations, schools, and synagogues throughout the UK to prevent terrorism and antisemitism.
- Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations - An organization that advances the interests of the American Jewish community, sustains broad-based support for Israel, and addresses the critical concerns facing world Jewry.
- Hillel International - A network of dedicated student leaders, professionals, and volunteers that has encouraged generations of young adults to celebrate Jewish learning and living, pursue social justice (tikkun olam and tzedek) and connect to their peers and the global Jewish people.
- The Holocaust Educational Trust - An organization that works to educate young people from every background about the Holocaust and the important lessons to be learned for today.
- International March of the Living - An annual educational program that brings individuals from around the world to Poland and Israel to study the history of the Holocaust and to examine the roots of prejudice, intolerance, and hatred.
- Israeli-American Council - An organization with a goal to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community that strengthens the Israeli and Jewish identity of our next generation, the American Jewish community, and the bond between the peoples of the United States and the State of Israel.
- Jewish Agency for Israel - A group that continues to be the Jewish world's first responder, prepared to address emergencies in Israel, and to rescue Jews from countries where they are at risk.
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston - A council comprised of constituent organizations, the JCRC serves as a catalyst for building a strong and vibrant Jewish community in Boston and around the world.
- Kick It Out - An organization at the heart of the fight against discrimination for everyone who plays, watches, or works in football. It works throughout the football, educational, and community sectors to challenge discrimination, encourage inclusive practices, and campaign for positive change.
- Philos Project - A group that equips a new generation of Western Christians to support friends in the Middle East who share its vision for pluralism.
- Stand with Us - A movement dedicated to educating of all ages and backgrounds around the world while combating the extremism and antisemitism that often distort the issues.
- The Tree of Life - A conservative Jewish congregation based in Pittsburgh, PA, which was the target of a mass shooting in 2018 in which eleven people were killed and seven were injured.
- World Jewish Congress - An international organization that represents Jewish communities and organizations in 100 countries around the world. It advocates on their behalf towards governments, parliaments, international organizations, and other faiths.
The match kicks off at 8:00 p.m. ET on FS1, with John Strong, Stu Holden, and Katie Witham calling the action. The contest also airs locally on the radio at 98.5 The Sports Hub, as well as in Portuguese on 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA. Outside of the United States and Canada, the match will be broadcasted on ChelseaFC.com, as well as the club's official app.
Tickets are still available for the match at Ticketmaster.com, Revolutionsoccer.net, and 1-877-GET-REVS.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 14, 2019
- Real Salt Lake FW Julian Vazquez Called in to Mexico U-18 Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chelsea FC in the "Final Whistle on Hate" Match - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Orlando City SC - May 15, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: Seattle and Cincy - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas' Match vs LAFC Moved to 6:30PM CT this Sunday, May 19 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Atlanta United FC
- Three Points: Dynamo Welcome Portland Wednesday, Look to Remain Unbeaten at Home - Houston Dynamo
- New England Revolution and Chelsea FC Announce Complete List of "Final Whistle on Hate" Match Beneficiaries - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Name Bruce Arena Sporting Director and Head Coach - New England Revolution
- Atlanta Silences Doubters with MLS Record-Tying Shutout Streak - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Matt Turner Named to U.S. Men's National Team's Final Roster for CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Revolution Sign Midfielder Damian Rivera as a Homegrown Player
- New England Revolution Sign Dutch Defender Alexander B=FCttner
- Revolution Goalkeeper Matt Turner Called in to U.S. Men's National Team Pre-Camp
- Carles Gil Named to 2019 Major League Soccer Best XI