Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chelsea FC in the "Final Whistle on Hate" Match
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution will host English Premier League side Chelsea FC on Wednesday, May 15 at Gillette Stadium in the "Final Whistle on Hate" charity match. The match kicks off at 8:00 p.m. ET and will be televised nationally on FS1 with John Strong, Stu Holden, and Katie Witham calling the action. The friendly will also air locally on the radio at 98.5 The Sports Hub, with Brad Feldman and Paul Mariner in the booth, and in Portuguese on 1260 AM Nossa Radio.
The Revs will take the field against Chelsea FC after defeating the San Jose Earthquakes, 3-1, on Saturday, May 11. Led by manager Maurizio Sarri, the Blues are coming off of a third-place finish in the English Premier League after completing the 2018-19 season on Sunday. Following the match, Chelsea will begin preparations for the UEFA Europa League Final, where they will face Arsenal FC in Baku, Azerbaijan on May 29.
The Revolution and Chelsea have teamed up to harness the power of sport in bringing people together to tackle hate and prejudice in all its forms. The match will be played against a backdrop of ongoing antisemitism and discrimination around the world, with proceeds from the friendly being donated to initiatives combatting antisemitism and all hate crimes. The initial idea for the match was developed by Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich and the Kraft family, both of whom have already pledged $1 million donations toward the cause.
Final Whistle on Hate - New England Revolution vs. Chelsea FC
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Kickoff: 8:00 p.m. ET
Location: Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
Talent: John Strong (play-by-play), Stu Holden (analyst), Katie Witham (sideline)
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Paul Mariner (analyst)
Portuguese Radio: 1260 AM "Nossa Radio USA"
Talent: Luis Lombardi Jr. (play-by-play)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 14, 2019
- Real Salt Lake FW Julian Vazquez Called in to Mexico U-18 Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chelsea FC in the "Final Whistle on Hate" Match - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Orlando City SC - May 15, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: Seattle and Cincy - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas' Match vs LAFC Moved to 6:30PM CT this Sunday, May 19 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Atlanta United FC
- Three Points: Dynamo Welcome Portland Wednesday, Look to Remain Unbeaten at Home - Houston Dynamo
- New England Revolution and Chelsea FC Announce Complete List of "Final Whistle on Hate" Match Beneficiaries - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Name Bruce Arena Sporting Director and Head Coach - New England Revolution
- Atlanta Silences Doubters with MLS Record-Tying Shutout Streak - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Gustavo Bou Scores in Debut as Revolution Top Vancouver Whitecaps FC, 4-0
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 2-2 Draw
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United
- Revolution Forward Justin Rennicks Named to Roster for 2019 MLS Homegrown Game Presented by Energizer