Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders
The focus shifts from Atlanta to Seattle, and quickly. The Lions will face Seattle on Wednesday with just two days of rest since their last match in Atlanta. Seattle is coming off a 1-0 win on Saturday at home against Houston thanks to a very nice strike from Cristian Roldan. Here is what you need to know about City's next opponent:
Seattle made a couple of hard decisions this offseason. Sounders stalwarts Osvaldo Alonso and Lamar Neagle had their options declined as the club looked to get younger and move on from the aging vets.
The Sounders signed three homegrowns this offseason and remained relatively quiet in terms of big signings until just a few days ago. They brought Joevin Jones from Darmstadt in the Bundesliga and added Xavier Arreaga from Ecuadorian side Barcelona SC.
Another welcome 'addition' this season has been the return of Jordan Morris who missed most of 2018 due to injury.
Speaking of Jordan Morris, the Seattle forward snagged four goals early in the season which leads the Sounders but he has since quieted a bit. In the assist department, Nico Lodeiro leads the club with six assists. Stefan Frei is tied for third most clean sheets in the league with four and he has the second most saves in the league.
Seattle is 1-1-3 in their last five. Their most recent match was a 1-0 win over Houston with three draws leading up to that.
All-time City is 0-3-1 against the Seattle Sounders. The lone result came at Seattle two years ago when Kaká assisted Scott Sutter in second-half stoppage time to grab a point on the road.
Fun Fact presented by Rasmussen College
This match will be a meeting of the top two keepers in the league in terms of saves. City's Brian Rowe leads the league with 40 saves and Stefan Frei is in second with 39 saves.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 14, 2019
- Real Salt Lake FW Julian Vazquez Called in to Mexico U-18 Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chelsea FC in the "Final Whistle on Hate" Match - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Orlando City SC - May 15, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: Seattle and Cincy - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas' Match vs LAFC Moved to 6:30PM CT this Sunday, May 19 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Atlanta United FC
- Three Points: Dynamo Welcome Portland Wednesday, Look to Remain Unbeaten at Home - Houston Dynamo
- New England Revolution and Chelsea FC Announce Complete List of "Final Whistle on Hate" Match Beneficiaries - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Name Bruce Arena Sporting Director and Head Coach - New England Revolution
- Atlanta Silences Doubters with MLS Record-Tying Shutout Streak - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 MLS Expansion Draft Protected List
- City Furniture and Orlando City Soccer Club Launch "Delivering Hope" Program, Donating Beds to 100 Kids at October 4 Pajama Party
- Orlando City SC to Expand Presence in Osceola County
- Orlando City SC Parts Ways with James O'Connor
- Orlando City Fall to Chicago Fire in Season Finale