By the Numbers: Seattle and Cincy
3 - Hard luck losses
Orlando City have lost five games this season, but a few bounces going the other way could have easily reversed three of them. The Lions have had a higher expected goals (xG) tally than their opponents in three of their five losses, most recently this past weekend against Atlanta (1.65-1.09). Typically, this tends to even out over the course of a season.
90'+4' - Late, late, late equalizer
Orlando City's lone result against Seattle came in their last trip to CenturyLink Field in 2017. Late substitute PC made a 50 yard run with the ball to win a free kick just outside the area. Club legend Kaka delivered the ball on a platter for Scott Sutter, whose diving header found the back of the net. It was the very last play of the match, as full time was whistled immediately upon the ensuing kickoff.
0 - Seattle home losses
Despite the heroics on their last visit, the Lions face an extremely stiff test on Wednesday night in Seattle. The Sounders are 5-0-2 at home this year, including wins over Houston and Toronto and a 1-1 draw with LAFC despite being down a man for over 70 minutes. The Sounders have lost just one mid-week match at home in the past four seasons, against Philadelphia last September.
10 - Cincinnati goals
It's been a bit of a rough start for Sunday's opponent. FC Cincinnati relieved head coach Alan Koch of his duties after a 2-7-2 start, and have just 10 goals through 12 matches, the fewest of any team in MLS. Cincinnati did pick up a win this past weekend, slotting two past stubborn Montreal in a 2-1 victory.
29 - Yoann Damet's age
Cincinnati interim coach Yoann Damet turned 29 in March, making him the youngest head coach in the history of Major League Soccer. Damet has seven players on his own squad that are older than he is, and Orlando count five among their number that were born before Damet (Will Johnson, Sacha Kljestan, Nani, Lamine Sane, and Brian Rowe). Damet began his coaching career at age 16, coaching the U13s at French six-tier side Beaune FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 14, 2019
- Real Salt Lake FW Julian Vazquez Called in to Mexico U-18 Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chelsea FC in the "Final Whistle on Hate" Match - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Orlando City SC - May 15, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: Seattle and Cincy - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas' Match vs LAFC Moved to 6:30PM CT this Sunday, May 19 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Atlanta United FC
- Three Points: Dynamo Welcome Portland Wednesday, Look to Remain Unbeaten at Home - Houston Dynamo
- New England Revolution and Chelsea FC Announce Complete List of "Final Whistle on Hate" Match Beneficiaries - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Name Bruce Arena Sporting Director and Head Coach - New England Revolution
- Atlanta Silences Doubters with MLS Record-Tying Shutout Streak - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29
- Orlando City SC Names Oscar Pareja as Head Coach
- Joao Moutinho Named to the MLS 22 Under 22 Fans' List for 2019
- Orlando City Re-Sign Alex De John, Mason Stajduhar to New Deals
- Orlando City Acquires 2020 MLS SuperDraft Second Round Pick